SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Source? Is any of the selection camp televised? I know they play a game tonight at 6 pacific, but I can't find it being carried by any of the networks.

In other World Junior related news, it sounds like Adam Boqvist is playing for London tonight before joining Team Sweden. This is good news for any who want to catch another Team Sweden defenseman in action tonight - Marlies vs. Syracuse is being televised on TSN2. Hopefully Sandin plays.

Picture posted on Facebook from I believe “Hockey Canada” that shows the group on ice huddled around the coache(s).
Barrett Hayton has a pretty recognizable face haha

Edit: Correction, “IIHF World Junior Championship” not hockey canada

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Source? Is any of the selection camp televised? I know they play a game tonight at 6 pacific, but I can't find it being carried by any of the networks.

In other World Junior related news, it sounds like Adam Boqvist is playing for London tonight before joining Team Sweden. This is good news for any who want to catch another Team Sweden defenseman in action tonight - Marlies vs. Syracuse is being televised on TSN2. Hopefully Sandin plays.

Bob Mckenzie tweeted this lineup to which he had Hayton on the ice

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Frost with two points and a shootout goal last night in the Team Canada scrimmage. Villalta played for the U Sports All-Stars and made some impressive saves. He made a better impression than his main opposition (Ian Scott), who let in a weak goal in the dying seconds to send the game to OT.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Barrett Hayton is playing with Team Canada tonight. He’s the LW on a line with Joe Veleno and Morgan Frost.
He looks just fine; speed, skating, stickwork, being hit, fighting off attackers.

Safe to say he’s feeling better.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Barrett Hayton is playing with Team Canada tonight. He’s the LW on a line with Joe Veleno and Morgan Frost.
He looks just fine; speed, skating, stickwork, being hit, fighting off attackers.

Safe to say he’s feeling better.
It reports on Twitter that he’s on the wing, but he’s playing centre

Reactions: Marj44

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Great games from Frost and Villalta tonight against USports. Hayton was solid, but didn't stand out.

Scott and especially DiPietro were very shaky in goal, so hopefully Matt has given the coaches something to think about. I expect they will keep 3 goalies past the first round of cuts.

Reactions: Marj44

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Why would you guys wanna sell? The way I see it, London are basically what you were last year, but I think the Hounds are still clearly the 2nd best team in the west. The playoffs are a different beast. Remember OS and Kitchener both took you to heart attack-inducing game 7s, and Kitchener almost won that game a few different times.

My point: I think SSM can still give London a run for their money, despite being a big underdog, similar to OS and Kitchener last year. That's still worth playing for IMO.

Also worth playing for is the very unlikely, but still just barely possible, and dream Sudbury vs SSM OHL final both of our fanbases would love above any other.

Reactions: soo hound girl

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Why would you guys wanna sell? The way I see it, London are basically what you were last year, but I think the Hounds are still clearly the 2nd best team in the west. The playoffs are a different beast. Remember OS and Kitchener both took you to heart attack-inducing game 7s, and Kitchener almost won that game a few different times.

My point: I think SSM can still give London a run for their money, despite being a big underdog, similar to OS and Kitchener last year. That's still worth playing for IMO.

Also worth playing for is the very unlikely, but still just barely possible, and dream Sudbury vs SSM OHL final both of our fanbases would love above any other.

I'd bet that we would beat London in a series right now, but the short answer is that fans want a sustainable winner. The team has mortgaged it's future for several years now and it's time to pay our debts before we end up in a protracted rebuild, which I'm sure Sudbury fans are familiar with. If the Hounds sell, I suspect that the Hounds-Wolves final could be a reality in any of the next few seasons.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Hunter giving post game remarks from last nights game against USports...
“That was a good team over there that we played. It didn’t help that the goaltending was outstanding”.
Well played Mr. Villalta. Your move DiPietro and Scott.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
It reports on Twitter that he’s on the wing, but he’s playing centre

Yeah I saw that. He did in fact start at LW but moved to Center before the first period was over. Veleno bounced over to LW. Most likely cause Hayton is stronger at the dot? That’s good for him, the more reasons to stay the better.

Frost has looked really good in both games and Villalta does not look out of place at all. All three hounds showing good so far!

Reactions: PuckLife

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Are these games televised anywhere?

If you go to hockey canada’s Website and click “Sportcheck Challenge” on the top left, click the game you want and there will be a watch button just under the score on the page it brings up.

It’s TSN Direct i believe and you’ll have to sign in with your tv provider. Then you just choose the Canada vs USports below and click play.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
WJC: Team Canada makes their first cuts while Ian Scott impresses
Team Canada will likely cut one of their three goalies, but Ian Scott has made the case for that not to be him.
So far, judging just from score sheets, no one has dropped the ball, and if anything they’ve all just clumped up tighter
So far Villalta looks just barely like the odd-man out, but nothing is certain until the final cuts come

Gohoundsgo

Oct 28, 2017
“That was a good team over there that we played. It didn’t help that the goaltending was outstanding”.
Scott played for USports last night. Villalta was in on Wednesday.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
This was all rather confusing because Scott played pretty poorly for USports in my opinion. He let in a weak goal and had no rebound control.

My mistake aside...
I re-watched the game and I agree, there wasn’t anything superb about his overall game.
I guess we will find out tonight as to what will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad