SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
The Sault Star has a nice writeup on last night with some nice quotes from Dean.

It will be interesting, going into Sunday, to see which defenseman Dean chooses to sit with DeMeo coming back in. I thought all of the defense played great. Wale had a great game earning 2nd star. Dean is quoted heaping praise on LeGuerrier. Their defense last night was:
Wale-Sambrook
LeGuerrier-Hollowell
O'Rourke-Calisti
I don't think Calisti had a bad game either though. I wonder if they decide to dress 7 defensemen on Sunday instead of scratching one of these guys? Either that or they may decide to rotate who is scratched each game. Nice problem to have. I still think that their defense as a group is better this year than last year.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
I noticed that in the highlights from yesterday’s matchup vs the Rangers that LeGuerrier is shooting left handed now? He’s been a right hand defenceman his whole career and is still listed as such on both the hounds and OHL site.
Pretty rare that you see a guy change hands, good for the Hounds and for him, gives them more flexibility as to who plays where.

Edit: Nvm, I see he’s been left handed last season as well. Coulda swore he shot right when he was drafted...

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
North Bay got spanked in Saginaw and arrived here in the middle of the night. Tough schedule, I can't imagine they got more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

Hopefully the Hounds can come out flying and catch them off guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: soo hound girl

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Must say.. a pretty disappointing day, not from the players but the fans. A lot of negative/demeaning comments from fans in my section for no good reason. Even though I thought the greyhounds weren’t as sharp today it was still a hard fought battle by two teams and North Bay came out on top. In no way is it an excuse to yell and scream at 18 year old kids... unreal

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Must say.. a pretty disappointing day, not from the players but the fans. A lot of negative/demeaning comments from fans in my section for no good reason. Even though I thought the greyhounds weren’t as sharp today it was still a hard fought battle by two teams and North Bay came out on top. In no way is it an excuse to yell and scream at 18 year old kids... unreal
A lot of fans have been spoiled around here they expect the hounds to win every game 5/6 points for this young team is no reason to panic ,probably should have won today but Purbou there goalie played pretty good especially at the end when the hounds were buzzing all around his net he made 2 saves after he lost his catcher got to give North Bay some credit they came in tired and took the 2 points they were looking for

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
A lot of fans have been spoiled around here they expect the hounds to win every game 5/6 points for this young team is no reason to panic ,probably should have won today but Purbou there goalie played pretty good especially at the end when the hounds were buzzing all around his net he made 2 saves after he lost his catcher got to give North Bay some credit they came in tired and took the 2 points they were looking for

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
I don’t know who was picking the star, but Purboo should have been first star, unbelievable saves. Hounds have got to get more production from 3 and 4 lines. They play with a lot of energy but no finishing touch. Who keeps track of shots on goal, bad view sights from penalty box. Move it up to Spanky. They miss about 10 per game. Terrible for goalie save percentage.

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah it’s a young team and games like these are going to happen.

GameTime

Oct 25, 2017
The young players did not lose this game. The 2 + minute pp by the first power play unit late in the third was the issue. No legs left to either finish the period or in OT.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Hounds have got to get more production from 3 and 4 lines. They play with a lot of energy but no finishing touch.
3rd and 4th line with points in brackets:
Kartye (1) - McLean (3) - Roth (4)
Kerins (5) - Johnston (4) - Jacklin (2)

I think these guys are doing just fine.
The young players did not lose this game.
Amen.

Last edited:

Old hound

Feb 27, 2018
Sad to read a report that Connor Timmons has been sent home by Colorado to try and recover from the concussion he suffer in last years playoffs with the hounds. They are very critical of the way the hounds treated the concussion. Also on the injured report, Kopacka had his wrist cut open with a skate blade. Wishing both former hounds a speedy recovery

Reactions: PuckLife

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Congrats to O’Rourke for being named to the U 17s

I cross referenced the list of 27 OHL players selected for the U17s with the OHL Priority Selection draft results from this summer, with predicted results. Every first rounder made the team except for 2 - Russian born Daniil Chayka (Guelph Storm) who is playing for the Russian team; and 9th overall selection Canadian Pacey Schlueting (North Bay Battalion) who appears to have gotten the snub. I included a few other notables on the list from early in the second round as wel. Congrats to Matthew Maggio (Ottawa 67s) for working his way onto the squad after not getting drafted until the 4th round:

Named to U17s (Priority Selection draft position in brackets):
1. Quinton Byfield (Sudbury Wolves)
2. Evan Vierling (Flint Firebirds)
3. Will Cuylle (Windsor Spitfires)
4. Jamie Drysdale (Erie Otters)
5. Cole Perfetti (Saginaw Spirit)
6. Cameron Tolnai (Ottawa 67’s)
8. James Hardie (Mississauga Steelheads)
10. Jean-Luc Foudy (Windsor Spitfires)
11. Tyler Tullio (Oshawa Generals)
12. Lleyton Moore (Niagara IceDogs)
13. Jake Murray (Kingston Frontenacs)
14. Luke Evangelista (London Knights)
15. Nolan Seed (Owen Sound Attack)
16. Riley Piercey (Barrie Colts)
17. Reid Valade (Kitchener Rangers)
18. Logan Morrison (Hamilton Bulldogs)
19. Jacob Perreault (Sarnia Sting)
20. Ryan O’Rourke (Sault Ste. Greyhounds)
22. Owen Power (Flint Firebirds) - Canadian
24. Josh Barnes (Owen Sound Attack) - Canadian
26. Tristan Lennox (Saginaw Spirit) - Canadian
27. Cameron Butler (Peterborough Petes)
30. Jack Thompson (Sudbury Wolves)
34. Michael Renwick (Hamilton Bulldogs)
35. Will Cranley (Ottawa 67’s)
36. Zack Terry (Guelph Storm)
40. Donovan Sebrango (Kitchener Rangers)
45. Dylan Robinson (Oshawa Generals)
48. Michael Bianconi (Flint Firebirds)
86. Matthew Maggio (Ottawa 67’s)

Not named to U17s:
7. Daniil Chayka (Guelph Storm) - Russian
9. Pacey Schlueting (North Bay Battalion) - Canadian
21. Antonio Stranges (London Knights) - American
23. Sahil Panwar (London Knights) - Canadian
25. Kyle McDonald (Windsor Spitfires) - Canadian

Edit: updated as per u/NA Hockey comment below

Last edited:
Reactions: Fischhaber

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I cross referenced the list of 27 OHL players selected for the U17s with the OHL Priority Selection draft results from this summer, with predicted results. Every first rounder made the team except for 2 - Russian born Daniil Chayka (Guelph Storm) who is playing for the Russian team; and 9th overall selection Canadian Pacey Schlueting (North Bay Battalion) who appears to have gotten the snub. I included a few other notables on the list from early in the second round as wel. Congrats to Matthew Maggio (Ottawa 67s) for working his way onto the squad after not getting drafted until the 4th round:

Named to U17s (Priority Selection draft position in brackets):
1. Quinton Byfield (Sudbury Wolves)
2. Evan Vierling (Flint Firebirds)
3. Will Cuylle (Windsor Spitfires)
4. Jamie Drysdale (Erie Otters)
5. Cole Perfetti (Saginaw Spirit)
6. Cameron Tolnai (Ottawa 67’s)
8. James Hardie (Mississauga Steelheads)
10. Jean-Luc Foudy (Windsor Spitfires)
11. Tyler Tullio (Oshawa Generals)
12. Lleyton Moore (Niagara IceDogs)
13. Jake Murray (Kingston Frontenacs)
14. Luke Evangelista (London Knights)
15. Nolan Seed (Owen Sound Attack)
16. Riley Piercey (Barrie Colts)
17. Reid Valade (Kitchener Rangers)
18. Logan Morrison (Hamilton Bulldogs)
19. Jacob Perreault (Sarnia Sting)
20. Ryan O’Rourke (Sault Ste. Greyhounds)
27. Cameron Butler (Peterborough Petes)
30. Jack Thompson (Sudbury Wolves)
34. Michael Renwick (Hamilton Bulldogs)
35. Will Cranley (Ottawa 67’s)
36. Zack Terry (Guelph Storm)
40. Donovan Sebrango (Kitchener Rangers)
45. Dylan Robinson (Oshawa Generals)
48. Michael Bianconi (Flint Firebirds)
86. Matthew Maggio (Ottawa 67’s)

Not named to U17s: Few errors updated below:

7. Daniil Chayka (Guelph Storm) - Russian - Was named to Russia's team
9. Pacey Schlueting (North Bay Battalion) - Canadian
21. Antonio Stranges (London Knights) - American
22. Owen Power (Flint Firebirds) - Canadian - He was named to Canada
23. Sahil Panwar (London Knights) - Canadian
24. Josh Barnes (Owen Sound Attack) - Canadian - He was named to Canada
25. Kyle McDonald (Windsor Spitfires) - Canadian
26. Tristan Lennox (Saginaw Spirit) - Canadian. - He was named to Canada

Good info, just updated a couple of the kids that were on the "didn't make it list"

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyPops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad