GDT: Squish that cat: Flames @ Panthers, 2PM MT

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Gaudreau-Lindholm-Monahan...

Why can't we do it man?
Let's not act like Lindholm's been perfect. I think hes been struggling with being hard on his stick the last few games and hasn't been as sharp as he should be coverage wise. Switching around who plays where ain't gonna fix anything imo.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Let's not act like Lindholm's been perfect. I think hes been struggling with being hard on his stick the last few games and hasn't been as sharp as he should be coverage wise. Switching around who plays where ain't gonna fix anything imo.

Don't think he is perfect, but watching Monahan "carry" the puck is painful (or rather just dump and make Gaudreau chase on every shift/defer). I'd rather chance that Lindy could be even just a bit better.

Also look at Giroux and what moving him to the wing did (also Stamkos).

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Calgary getting outshot 15-26. Panthers are going to eventually score.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Don't think he is perfect, but watching Monahan "carry" the puck is painful (or rather just dump and make Gaudreau chase on every shift/defer). I'd rather chance that Lindy could be even just a bit better.

Also look at Giroux and what moving him to the wing did (also Stamkos).
I'm not sure how Monahan being the winger will fix the puck carrying into their end. Lindholm should by rights be the 2nd man on the forecheck behind Gaudreau as he's the winger and is higher up in the zone. Monahan being deep at center makes it so there's less time for him to carry the puck and he has to defer sooner.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Giordano has a 2 point night going so that's nice. Gaudreau seems to be rapidly approaching his old form and is preforming a lot better these past few games. Makes me feel a lot more confident moving forward.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm not sure how Monahan being the winger will fix the puck carrying into their end. Lindholm should by rights be the 2nd man on the forecheck behind Gaudreau as he's the winger and is higher up in the zone. Monahan being deep at center makes it so there's less time for him to carry the puck and he has to defer sooner.

Lindy being a better skater helps just a bit.

Monahan really needed to work on that aspect, and it seems he kinda just got more physical (which could actually make him more effective on the forecheck). But the Flames having issues with their transition game really stems from their centres not being able to do their job well (with the exception of Backlund, who once the %s when his way has been our best centre).

Reactions: Mazatt

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Talbot has looked like our best goalie for a few months now.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I'm not sure how Monahan being the winger will fix the puck carrying into their end.

It starts with a structured, clean breakout with control.

Something as simple as:

Andersson chips the puck to the boards to RW Monahan, who makes a short pass to C Bennett, who carries the puck through the middle, leaves a drop pass to LW Johnny Gaudreau, who slices and dices and then hits the trailer Monahan for a snipe on the inside of the right circle

The way our breakouts operate with Monahan right now just isn't NHL caliber, and it affects our entries.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can we replace Cassie with Tara Slone? She at least speaks with inflection and laughs.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
McKenzie Hughes finished 2nd. Good placement after not too many top 5s since winning his first pga tour tour event. This will help him in the FedEx Cup race, pad his wallet and hopefully help his confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad