Spyro Reignited Trilogy (PS4 & XB1) - 11/13/2018 release

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I wanted this, but if it's true you only get 1 game on the disk and need to download the other 2 then screw that, you got 3 crash games on 1 disc, you got 3 DMC games on 1 disc, 3 uncharted games on 1 disc but we can't get 3 spyro games on 1 disc that's lazy if it's true

Again I am so confused by people upset about this

I always get physical copies too, but (at least on xbox) you have to download a large portion of the game anyways when you first install it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Again I am so confused by people upset about this

I always get physical copies too, but (at least on xbox) you have to download a large portion of the game anyways when you first install it

It's Lazy, it's been proven over and over you can get more 3 games on a disk so do it simple as that

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
It's Lazy, it's been proven over and over you can get more 3 games on a disk so do it simple as that

Again, you can't play the Crash reboot games without doing a sizable download to your console

Same with every other game. If you buy NHL you're still going to have to do a download in order to play it

So I get where you're coming from in wanting a physical copy, I'm the same way, but what difference does it make whether they say "all are on the disc" or "only one is on the disc", you still need to download to complete it anyways

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Finally comes out today

I think its unfortunate for them that RDR2 just came out. Any other time of the year I would buy this instantly and play it a ton

But I don't want to get it until I'm finished and moved on from RDR2. I know a couple friends in the same boat

I may buy it tonight anyways just to support them and just not play for a month or so

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was dying to play this when it was announced, but now I am so deep into RDR2 I can't even bring myself to download Spyro right now. lol

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I bought it and beat Gnorc in under five hours. Pretty short, although I haven’t looted his palace yet or completed the timed ones.

They did a really good job remaking the games. Graphics are amazing, with still the same charm. Camera can be a little annoying at times. Wish it were a little more challenging, honestly.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I was dying to play this when it was announced, but now I am so deep into RDR2 I can't even bring myself to download Spyro right now. lol
Well, my girlfriend surprised me with a copy of Spyro!! (I think she half bought it for herself lol), so I'm glad that I'll get to dive into this game.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I bought it Friday but haven't touched it yet. I keep telling myself I will but then I get hooked on Red Dead

I'll get around to it soon

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
That's pretty cool. I was wondering how someone who never played the originals would enjoy the re-masters.
I'm loving the first one! So far, at least. I just wrapped up Beast Makers world, so I'm about halfway through the story, I think. My wife especially loves watching me play Spyro since it's such a colorful and beautiful game. She's making me 100% every level so that she can see everything, haha.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'm loving the first one! So far, at least. I just wrapped up Beast Makers world, so I'm about halfway through the story, I think. My wife especially loves watching me play Spyro since it's such a colorful and beautiful game. She's making me 100% every level so that she can see everything, haha.
That's awesome, man!! They're great games. They really did an awesome job of bringing the games back to life. My gf bought Spyro "for me" and has been playing it every night since she bought it lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
That's awesome, man!! They're great games. They really did an awesome job of bringing the games back to life. My gf bought Spyro "for me" and has been playing it every night since she bought it lol.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Sounds like a great gift, haha. My wife doesn’t like playing anything but puzzle games, but for some reason she loves to watch me play stuff like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. It’s pretty impressive they’ve managed to preserve whatever charm those original games had. I actually find myself longing to play Spyro more than Red Dead II.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

You’re actually really close to being done if you’ve finished Beast Makers. Dream Weavers and then Gnorcs World has two levels plus the boss level and loot level!

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
been playing a bit, not much. my takeaways are

1. the camera is more janky than I remembered on the original playstation, might just take time getting used to

2. the graphical remake has almost made it look super little-kiddish. I mean obviously its a game about dragons and stuff but some of the NPC characters seem like they're straight out of a like kids movie or something. also Hunter looks like he smokes crack now

3. the level design is really good and the music is super awesome and nostalgic

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
As a long time Spyro fan, I personally thought Toys for Bob did a really good job with this collection, especially the 1st game. 3rd game is buggy kinda. I personally didn't encounter game breaking bugs, but it is prone to glitching out. Sadly.

Noted changes:
Gulp in Spyro 2 had a HUGE bump in difficulty; Ripto was so much easier than him and that's saying something. And as frustrating as it was, it was a good fight. They fixed the charge jump exploit in Spyro 2 so sadly there's no sequence breaking in Glimmer. Also, Treetops isn't as frustrating! I actually like Tree Tops now! Yeti Boxing in 3 is a lot easier than it is in the OG trilogy; but no multiplayer easter egg.

My favorite feature is probably Sparx QOL change. You can miss green gems hiding in the tall grass and he fixes this by pointing to missing gems with L3. Soooo helpful.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Sounds like a great gift, haha. My wife doesn’t like playing anything but puzzle games, but for some reason she loves to watch me play stuff like Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. It’s pretty impressive they’ve managed to preserve whatever charm those original games had. I actually find myself longing to play Spyro more than Red Dead II.
I'm not sure if you've got a decent gaming PC, but if you and your wife like playing puzzle games I'd recommend "Quern" on steam. It's a ton of fun, I played it with my parents a while ago and I'm bummed out that I can't play it now (My laptop isn't good enough to run it).

Yeah, I was shocked at how well they've done with re-making the entire game while keeping the original charm. It didn't feel like they were trying to pull Spyro into the 21st centure, but rather they stepped in a time machine and gave it a make-over in its original style.

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I would like to amend my statement about Spyro 2. It is actually possible to skip Moneybags in Glimmer. You can hover on top of the green gem near the ladder and then hover to the ledge at the top of said ladder. If you killed enough enemies at that point, you can use the super fly power up to fly over Moneybags or get that orb. Suck it you greedy ursine.

The swim in air glitch is also possible in Winter Tundra. Glitch, yes, but in the original game it was fun. Glad they kept that in even if it's by accident. It is much more limited here than it is in the original game though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->