Value of: spurgeon

Wildfan24

Nov 20, 2014
for the last year I thought he was be going to the Oilers then I realized they dont have the cap space for him. what's his value a d what team makes sense if a trade could happen?. also like the idea of spurgeon + for William nylander from Toronto but dont know what the + would be and how big of a plus. Thanks

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
for the last year I thought he was be going to the Oilers then I realized they dont have the cap space for him. what's his value a d what team makes sense if a trade could happen?. also like the idea of spurgeon + for William nylander from Toronto but dont know what the + would be and how big of a plus. Thanks

If you're asking for Nylander, Dumba is the ask from the Leafs POV and you'd have some Leafs fans say no to that.

Reactions: exporta

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
How big of + would you go?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'll play.

One-for-one, it has to be a legit top 6 center of similar age but a bit younger (26 or 27).

Package-wise, a good 2nd pair RD (downgrade but a replacement) + RH top 9 winger (where we currently have a hole in the lineup).

I highly doubt that there's anything out there that's interesting though.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I'll play.

One-for-one, it has to be a legit top 6 center of similar age but a bit younger (26 or 27).

Package-wise, a good 2nd pair RD (downgrade but a replacement) + RH top 9 winger (where we currently have a hole in the lineup).

Zaitsev + Hyman is one package that fits, but we'd need to add something sizable for spurge's 2y term. Zaitsev is signed for 6 years.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Zaitsev + Hyman is one package that fits, but we'd need to add something sizable for spurge's 2y term. Zaitsev is signed for 6 years.
I'd make that deal as a Leafs fan.

Rielly-Spurgeon
Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Borgman/Carrick/Liljegren

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
what's Toronto's needs? send back Coyle and then get a pick from tor 3 or 4th
Not bad, but ideally I think we'd want a LW with more term, would likely have to add more but Zucker or Neidereitter would be my target
That's a yes, though I think it would likely be Brown instead of Hyman

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

You f***ing wot bruv

No chance in hell are we ADDING to Spurgeon, certainly not something "sizeable"

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Spurgeon is super underrated
He's borderline a #1 Dman. Just needs to stay healthy.

Minny would get a haul for him.

Reactions: Plickspect

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m fairly certain this is a poke at the Hyman for Dumba thread not too long ago.

Reactions: gwh

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'll play.

Just as an example (not a proposal), would Stepan be the kind of guy you're looking for, or would you aim higher?

I'd seriously consider offering something around Hertl, but not sure how he's valued league wide.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just as an example (not a proposal), would Stepan be the kind of guy you're looking for, or would you aim higher?

I'd seriously consider offering something around Hertl, but not sure how he's valued league wide.
I don't think Minnesota would do Spurgeon for Stepan unless they had already traded Staal for something they couldn't turn down. Even then, I would hope they get something small added to Stepan in that deal.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Unless the Wild wanted more picks and young NHLers like Kappy for Spurgeon I just don't see the fit with Spurgeon and Toronto.

Reactions: Canuck Luck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->