Confirmed with Link: Sproul traded to the Rangers for Puempel

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Does anyone think Puempel has any chance of playing and making any sort of impact for the Wings? Any event Sproul didn't look impressive at all to me, so I feel at worst this trade is a scratch.

Oct 18, 2006
Always liked Sproul, sad to see him go.

Actually feel like there is still good upside in him. Obviously defensively he is inconsistent, and he makes poor decisions, but his offensive upside remains. If he ever puts it all together, which is obviously unlikely at this point, he could be a 10g, 30 point defenceman in the NHL. I remember early last season he had a couple of games where he looked really exciting.

Above all else he need a coach that believes in him and is willing to persevere through the struggles.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
They needed to clear D in the minors, who
Does anyone think Puempel has any chance of playing and making any sort of impact for the Wings? Any event Sproul didn't look impressive at all to me, so I feel at worst this trade is a scratch.
Unlikely an impact. Maybe some games if(when) there's some injuries but I would prefer to see Svechnikov and Bertuzzi first. It's all about the logjam on defense in GR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad