Ansar Khan: Sproul Staying on Roster, Told to get a Place in the Area

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No that's not right man. The knock on Sproul has always been his defensive game. Skating and offense have been positives for him since his draft year.

He really is the Mike Green -replica.

So far, I've liked him. I've liked him a lot.

This is funny how it goes. All the expectations were pushed so low, that now he has "surprised" everybody.

It always goes against expectations. Now even Ericsson looks good, when expectations starting point is "most horrible player in NHL".

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Don't understand how this guy is a scratch again he's been one of the best d so far

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
I'd rather see XO in the lineup then Marchenko.

We all know March is a 5-6th guy. Move along.

We need to find out what XO could be. IMO he's a top 4 guy if given a legit chance.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I'd rather see XO in the lineup then Marchenko.

We all know March is a 5-6th guy. Move along.

We need to find out what XO could be. IMO he's a top 4 guy if given a legit chance.

Nothing in XO's play has suggested he's more than a 7D/rotational d-man. He's slow in every conceivable way, he misreads plays regularly (this year), he offers absolutely nothing offensively, and he can't react on defense quickly enough to matter (because his feet and his head are slow).

I feel like a lot of people are living on XO from a few years ago, and didn't actually watch him flub his way around the ice earlier this season (his play against the Rangers was EHL-level at best, as an example).

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
He really is the Mike Green -replica.

So far, I've liked him. I've liked him a lot.

This is funny how it goes. All the expectations were pushed so low, that now he has "surprised" everybody.

It always goes against expectations. Now even Ericsson looks good, when expectations starting point is "most horrible player in NHL".

Full credit to Ericsson for his good play, but I think perception is more a reflection of his reduced role than low expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->