GDT: sprong vs cane 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I don't think Prong's problem is something that can be explained by not having played with this team very long. Some stuff is just basic to hockey, and there were a lot of times in both his games that he would just show up in the weirdest spot on the ice relative to his position and where the play was.

That said, there's plenty of skill there to overcome that.

Reactions: AngelDuck

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Odd. Unicorns are pretty rare. Making the NHL roster is already difficult enough, but a unicorn? Unicorns are beyond superstars like a McDavid. Now, what if that potential never materializes? Then that player isn't an NHL player if he isn't in the top-6. Whereas, you do have an NHL player in Pettersson. Granted, he's a 22-year old bottom pairing, but he's an NHL quantity. That's his floor. Could there be more? Sure, but the fact you have a known NHL quantity should put you at ease.

Right now, the Ducks have been hit with several injuries that we have to hope someone's cast off works well here while the ducklings are in their intern program. Aberg and Sprong are those castoffs the Ducks are gambling on.

i get what you are saying of course that Pettersson is definitely at least a bottom pairing D man.
I do not think he's a McDavid level of player of course. I'm just saying, if Sprong does become a 30G scorer that helps drive offense and is only a 750K cap hit, that's a pretty rare thing and on a Cap team with cup aspirations those are HUGE. I do think Sprong regardless is an NHL player but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->