GDT: Springfield @ Ogdenville, 6:30PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

MonahanTHEMoneyMan

Mar 21, 2012
Calgary
Its not too late to realise that our team is below par...but my question is if management still doesnt then its time to take matters into our hands as fans...

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If losing the next 6-7 games will force ownership/management's hand into making changes, then this is a pretty awesome result. We need to keep the tank strong.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Its not too late to realise that our team is below par...but my question is if management still doesnt then its time to take matters into our hands as fans...

Get a bunch of fans at the Dome to chant "rebuild, rebuild!" Media would be all over that... (already are in some ways.)

Worked at the ACC. "Fire Wilson.... Fire Wilson..."

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If losing the next 6-7 games will force ownership/management's hand into making changes, then this is a pretty awesome result. We need to keep the tank strong.

Don't they have to go like like; .700-800 to get to a statistical playoff position?
I mean, a few more loses and you're more or less out of it. No way in Hell Calgary can go perfect to finish the season, no way they can even play .667 hockey.

Not exactly sure what they ownership is thinking. Like, for the past three seasons they've been in the exact spot looking for the exact same outcome; instead of changing their approach they try to put together an unlikely streak/win rate that ends up just costing them in the prospect department.

What's the definition of Insanity again?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Don't they have to go like like; .700-800 to get to a statistical playoff position?
I mean, a few more loses and you're more or less out of it. No way in Hell Calgary can go perfect to finish the season, no way they can even play .667 hockey.

Not exactly sure what they ownership is thinking. Like, for the past three seasons they've been in the exact spot looking for the exact same outcome; instead of changing their approach they try to put together an unlikely streak/win rate that ends up just costing them in the prospect department.

What's the definition of Insanity again?

Right now the cut off looks to be 54 points so lets ay we need 55 points then we need 29 points in 21 games or .690 hockey, basically impossible for this team at the best of times.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Right now the cut off looks to be 54 points so lets ay we need 55 points then we need 29 points in 21 games or .690 hockey, basically impossible for this team at the best of times.

That's absolutely pointless to even try. All it does is make Calgary select out of the top ten of the draft, where always there's a drop off in prospect talent; and even if there is top ten talent available, you know they'd trade it to get their second round back again.

This team can't win 14-15 games out of 21, not a chance. Hopefully they go 0-3 on the road and Mr. Feaster finally realizes it.
They haven't been playing bad recently, but I don't think they have the team to be able to compete night in an out.

Dunno. There's a lot wrong with this team.
It's a MAJOR problem when your 2nd/3rd line consistently outplay your first line. Your fourth line is a plug between two goons most nights, that rarely sees better than goon minutes.

I actually like the defense enough. Bouw, Brodie, Wideman and even Butler (after those first few games) have actually been pretty impressive. I honestly think at this point of time; you could move Giordano to a team that desperately requires some top four defense (Looking at you Philly, Detroit; Even Carolina might be a good fit because of his age and style), slide Butler beside Wideman and be no worse off than you are now. The bottom pairing has had some concerns; Smith's fine... probably better AHL talent than NHL talent; Sarich is in quick sand, Babs should be in the KHL... and the rest of the gang are pretty meh.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I remember reading that if the Flames do lose these road games, that they would most likely rebuild.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Honestly its nice to see the Flames win but a couple losses till the deadline is what we need for the rebuild to finally begin. I could care less if we finish 9th in the west after that, as long as we start trading assets for some picks and prospects and think about the future (that means stop trading the ****ing 2nd pick each year). Lets face it, this team has shown that it can compete but thats about it.

Take a look at our last four wins, first of all they were all at home and then if you look at them one by one: Vancouver arrived 2 hours before the game, San Jose arrived the day of the game both due to a snow storm in Calgary, Detroit was missing Howard to the flu, Nashville came in on a back-to-back with a stuggling goalie and was burnt out towards the end of the game. What does that tell you? It tells me that this team can only win if they have an advantage on the other team. Im not saying that its always the case but these are factors to look at and think that our team is probably higher in the standings than we deserve credit for.

Of course we all want this team to have success but lets face it, this is not a playoff team and being sellers at the deadline is the best outcome for the future of this team. Im tired of saying lets rebuild and then after two games decide lets make a run for the playoffs only to lose the next three games, enough is enough we've been clinging on to the past for the last 4 seasons. It's time for a change.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I remember reading that if the Flames do lose these road games, that they would most likely rebuild.

I believe what you heard was Feaster saying that he is not making any moves until after the road trip. So in a way I guess he was kinda indirectly saying that.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
It's amazing how in every post-game scrum, the players know exactly what they did wrong and how they need to right it. However they have no clue when the puck drops. Lol

So sick of this team and the same old song and dance. Another loss they fully deserved.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary

That was speculation on the media's part. Feaster hasn't said anything for a while. Actually, he hasn't said anything since the "no further comments" after the O'Rielly fiasco. The Flames are holding their cards pretty tight to the chest, so it's almost impossible to get a read on what's going to happen. Id love to see this team torn down but I'm pretty much ready to see a whole lot of nothing on deadline day (maybe we'll extend Comeau a couple years).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
That was speculation on the media's part. Feaster hasn't said anything for a while. Actually, he hasn't said anything since the "no further comments" after the O'Rielly fiasco. The Flames are holding their cards pretty tight to the chest, so it's almost impossible to get a read on what's going to happen. Id love to see this team torn down but I'm pretty much ready to see a whole lot of nothing on deadline day (maybe we'll extend Comeau a couple years).

Good. The last thing Feaster needs to do, is make the same rookie mistake he made with Regehr: blabbing to the media on draft day that he was waiting for Robyn to waive his NTC.

I almost certainly hurt his value because after you come out and say that, there is not going back. Flames should keep their movements out of the media, and between the GM's they are trying to work out deals with.

TylerSVT*

Actively cheering for Oiler, Avalanche and Columbus wins so that we go deeper and deeper down the standings.

We need a top pick this year, its been way way way too long with little or no talent in the pipes.

Good think Feaster got rid of our 2nd round pick this year :bag:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Actively cheering for Oiler, Avalanche and Columbus wins so that we go deeper and deeper down the standings.

We need a top pick this year, its been way way way too long with little or no talent in the pipes.

Good think Feaster got rid of our 2nd round pick this year
:bag:

Of course you are

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Of course you are

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad