GDT: Springfield Flames @ Catfish Lake Ducks

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
you clearly didn't watch the Heat game or highlights. Irving was screened badly on the 1st goal and on the 2nd goal no goaltender could have stopped it. Please don't talk about something when you have no clue.

Sigh.

Dude we get it. You love the Heat and rightfully so. But he wasn't bashing Irving on the goals against. He was merely stating statistical facts about the two goalies in the game. He even praised Irving. Just because we don't watch all the Heat games doesn't mean we can't comment on them from a passing view. It just means we don't have as good an opinion as someone who will watch every game. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to talk about it.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
you clearly didn't watch the Heat game or highlights. Irving was screened badly on the 1st goal and on the 2nd goal no goaltender could have stopped it. Please don't talk about something when you have no clue.

Actually I did catch highlights of the game. Just think: You're Troy G. Ward and you have once again pulled Irving. We have 3 goalies on the Heat again. Please, tell me with your abundant knowledge of the Heat, can Troy G. Ward evenly balance 3 goal tenders? Someone will be the third stringer and I think (and I hope I am wrong) that it is Irving. I think back to the 7-2 loss to the Ice Hogs, where Brust let in 5 in the first period and was left in net. If Irving's were all shots he had no chance of stopping why a goal tender change instead of a timeout to settle your other players? I'd love your answer.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Actually I did catch highlights of the game. Just think: You're Troy G. Ward and you have once again pulled Irving. We have 3 goalies on the Heat again. Please, tell me with your abundant knowledge of the Heat, can Troy G. Ward evenly balance 3 goal tenders? Someone will be the third stringer and I think (and I hope I am wrong) that it is Irving. I think back to the 7-2 loss to the Ice Hogs, where Brust let in 5 in the first period and was left in net. If Irving's were all shots he had no chance of stopping why a goal tender change instead of a timeout to settle your other players? I'd love your answer.
the 7-2 game in which Irving did not start due to the flu? Hmmm, I wonder why there was not goaltending change.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I wonder why Tom Moro who was Brust's backup wasn't put in? You tell people to watch the games: guess what buddy? Moro was on the bench. There a healthy goal tender who didn't have the stomach flu ready to play.

EDIT: Game sheet in case anyone wanted it: http://theahl.com/stats/official-game-report.php?game_id=1010607

You mean this Tom Moro?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=239976

Why didn't Ward put in a guy who had never played goalie into the game? Probably a solid question :laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Flames could be 15th in the conference at the end of the day.

Not only are they 15th at the moment, but they're also tied with the Oilers for the worst goal differential in the conference at -16. It's a three way tie for second worst in the league between Calgary, Edmonton, and Buffalo, but the Flames have the fewest games played of the three.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Not only are they 15th at the moment, but they're also tied with the Oilers for the worst goal differential in the conference at -16. It's a three way tie for worst in the league between Calgary, Edmonton, and Buffalo, but the Flames have the fewest games played of the three.

That's right baby, we're taking that title and running with it; wooooooo

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Also want to add, we're right in that sweet, sweet Barkov selection region again. Can we play stay there? Maybe add another prospect or two from some of the top tier teams around the league too? They don't need their future stars, we do.

I think it's fitting for Calgary that if Jarome was part of a trade that ushered in a new Era in Calgary in 1995; that he should usher in a new era by bringing a major young player back.

This team's hard to watch, it can't compete every night, it can't come close to competing with top tier teams in the league this year; too small, too slow, too old. At any given night there's a a total of 2-3 real centers on the ice; sometimes 1 when Backlund was hurt... Cannot win with this team, anyone that thinks that this could be a miracle 8th seed team is delusional. Time for a rebuild please.

It doesn't have to be a "guess we suck for half a decade and hope that this crop pans out"; because the Islanders, Oilers, Panthers, Jackets etc etc can tell you that that doesn't always work.
It should be "Lets move high end contracts, UFAs, players with major value for players that are NHL ready or already playing at the NHL level, be smart with UFA signings in the off season to get better every year". There are pieces in Calgary going forward that could make the team incredibly strong; but as a unit, this package stinks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ahh, I meant second worst. Slim chance anyone catches Florida in that regard.

Oh well, I think most of us have been Flames fans our entire lives, finishing second isn't new; at least we can point to FLA as being the worst and hold our heads up high!

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
image.php

I especially love this one, haha. Typical Butler who always looks baked. Too funny

Chris%20Butler.jpg
:D

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
Also want to add, we're right in that sweet, sweet Barkov selection region again. Can we play stay there? Maybe add another prospect or two from some of the top tier teams around the league too? They don't need their future stars, we do.

Currently sitting at 5th overall, which I think might just miss him. However, I wouldn't rule out winning the lottery. There's still some decent odds for that if we are in the bottom 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad