Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training '19 Part 1: It wouldn't be spring training without drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Making professionals do their jobs while they are at work seems like a pretty solid idea to me.

what time do they typically get to the ball park? they seem to get there really early relative to 1st pitch. If the curfew is 11Am for a 1PM first pitch that is more than fine,

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Good for Trout, and if i were him i would gladly take 430M to live in LA but the Angels wont be doing any winning for at least the next 3 season, maybe 5. Such a waste of his prime.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He is easily worth that contract. Now if only the Angels could get their heads out of their asses so we don't have to look back at one of the best players of all time being saddled by an incompetent management group that couldn't get him to the playoffs lol

Reactions: Diamond Joe Quimby

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Pretty much everything there was entirely expected. I'm just kind of curious what's going to happen with Pompey/Teoscar now.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
I don't think there's much debate between the two. I think they're waiting for someone to offer something for Dalton, and are looking to continue showcasing him.

I don't know... I think if it comes down to it they'll option Teoscar and give Pompey a chance until someone is moves out or injured.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Pretty much everything there was entirely expected. I'm just kind of curious what's going to happen with Pompey/Teoscar now.

are they keeping someone that I'm not expecting them to?

CF Pillar
RF Grichuk
LF McKinney
3B Drury
SS Galvis
2B Gurriel
1B Smoak
DH Morales
C Jansen

UT Teoscar
OF Pompey
IF Sogard/Urena
C Maile

?

oh wait - are they actually going to keep tellez up? that would be cool.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
are they keeping someone that I'm not expecting them to?

CF Pillar
RF Grichuk
LF McKinney
3B Drury
SS Galvis
2B Gurriel
1B Smoak
DH Morales
C Jansen

UT Teoscar
OF Pompey
IF Sogard/Urena
C Maile

?

oh wait - are they actually going to keep tellez up? that would be cool.

That looks about right if they have a 7-man pen, but that's only possible if they make sure a couple pen spots go to guys with options. Otherwise only one of Teoscar/Pompey will make it.

I can't imagine they find a spot for another 1B/DH without moving one of the others out first.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That looks about right if they have a 7-man pen, but that's only possible if they make sure a couple pen spots go to guys with options. Otherwise only one of Teoscar/Pompey will make it.

I can't imagine they find a spot for another 1B/DH without moving one of the others out first.

ugh

a bud norris is going to cost us pompey?

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I still think Teoscar starts ahead of McKinney.

McKinney also has been taking a lot of reps at 1B lately. So to me it would mean that Telez starts at AAA.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I don't know... I think if it comes down to it they'll option Teoscar and give Pompey a chance until someone is moves out or injured.

Wow. The only way I could see that is if Teoscar's defense in the spring was as wretched as it was at certain points in 2018 (i.e. he came in showing no improvements, was dragging ass, or whathaveyou).

I understand the asset management side of it, but that's a tough sell for a young player with a .977 OPS to have two (Pompey and McKinney) arguably lesser players (at least in terms of MLB production to date) promoted ahead of him.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

Much better defensively than last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->