Sportsnet's top 20 right wingers

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Kyle Palmieri should at least get an honorable mention here. 70 goals (9th among RW), 154 points (15th) in 224 games over the past three years.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
KUUUCCHHH! I actually think he has a better season this year than last. He slowed down a lot in the second half of the year. If he didnt he probably challenged McD in the Art Ross.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
The years Kessel was in Toronto and scored 80 and 82 points, on TSN's top 50 ranking they had him at #43 and #37. So this list is not the first time where he has been disrespected based on the number of points he scored in the previous season.

We’re those rankings overall or RW only?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
My reaction to players ahead of Laine was laughter. I haven’t laughed like that in months, thanks whoever put this list together.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Yeah, this is going to look good once Laine is inducted in the hall of fame for being the best goalscorer of his generation.
Matthews has a higher g/gp since they've been in the league lmao

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
sidetone: I was just talking about this before our hockey draft. Growing up 90% of the best/elite wingers were on the right side yet nowadays it seems like there's more elite left-wingers than right.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Oh, so now G/GP matters more than raw stats ?
Laine has 80 goals in 155 games,Matthews has 76 goals in 145 games, I hope you're smart enough to see that Laine is by no means the better goalscorer, he's just played more games than Matthews.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I know this is based on a predetermined formula but how much defensive and transition wizardry does Nino Neiderreiter, Craig Smith, Gallagher, and Sam Reinhart have to make up for the 40ish-60 point difference on Kessel?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Oh, so now G/GP matters more than raw stats ?

Matthews is a great goal scorer, but really “lmao” as if it’s not even close when Laine was ahead of him in G/GP till last night? Not saying Matthews isn’t better and/or won’t be better, but that’s the kind of comment that really makes fans look like idiots.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marner seems placed correctly, Nylander is too high.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I read their standards, and understand where they are coming from. It doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. So maybe you shouldn’t assume what I read and didn’t.

@Duke749

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I hope Nylander's and Marner's agents don't see this, or that they both believe in the media conspiracy to elevate Toronto.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Laine has 80 goals in 155 games,Matthews has 76 goals in 145 games, I hope you're smart enough to see that Laine is by no means the better goalscorer, he's just played more games than Matthews.

"It's not us that bring Matthews up at every turn, it's always other fans!"

Reactions: Mrb1p

ijk

Oct 3, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Do Wild fans view Niederreiter to be better or more important than Granlund?

I may be biased, but shouldn’t Granlund’s defence be slightly better? Yeah, I know, the reasoning is explained in the article.

I dunno. I just don’t see Nieds to be able to hit the sama points consistently as Granlund has. So I see last season as a slightl aberration, although he may be more valuable during the playoffs.

Anyway, Reinhart, Neiderreiter, Eberle and Smith above Kessel is beyond me. There might be others too, but I just can’t comprehend how these players can be rated above him. Some of the other choices at least may have potential or other areas like defence which are better than his attributes. Just seems like Kessel is punished for playing on a stacked team, whereas Aho, Rants and Stone may get better ratings due to playing on ”bad” or less covered teams.

Moreover, I feel like Tarasenko’s offensive potential has become slightly overrated. He doesn’t score as much as people perceive him to be able to. Signed, someone who has guessed him to be the leading goal scorer in the NHL a couple of years ago.

A goal is a goal is a goal.

Last edited:

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
"It's not us that bring Matthews up at every turn, it's always other fans!"
When someone says Laine is going to be the best goalscorer of this generation, a rebuttal with Matthews is appropriate. Try to keep up little guy

Reactions: Max Money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->