Sportsnet Reports Meeting Over, No Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

I bet if you did a search of all the threads with that exact title, you'd find over 100 threads.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I would use the line "Wow! There's something we haven't heard before!"

But that one's an antique when it comes to this lockout... :joker:

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
It's in the article..

NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly and NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin met Monday for several hours at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season. The NHL released a statement saying no progress was made in the collective bargaining process, but offered no further comment. As in some previous meetings, Bettman and union chief Bob Goodenow were not in the room.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114925

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly and NHLPA senior director Ted Saskin met Monday for several hours at an undisclosed location in a last-ditch attempt to save the season. The NHL released a statement saying no progress was made in the collective bargaining process, but offered no further comment. As in some previous meetings, Bettman and union chief Bob Goodenow were not in the room.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114925

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
bladoww said:
I just saw it on Sportsnews, meeting over with no progress.

IMO it's not over guys too much pressure on both the league and the union, we'll have a deal struck last minute.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Good. Cancel the damn season already so I don't have to listen/read all the crap from TV and people on here. Forget about this season and make sure we are started in September. Now all these noobs will stop slowing down the boards :handclap:

VAN-HAB said:

IMO it's not over guys too much pressure on both the league and the union, we'll have a deal struck last minute.

:joker: Come on guys it's February 14!!! and they just finished a meeting with NO PROGRESS. They still haven't resolved anything.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
VAN-HAB said:

Agreed. This is not over.

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
nah... this doesn't phase me. I've got nerves of steel at this point. It'll happen tomorrow (knocks on wood ;) ).

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
VAN-HAB said:

I always thought it was going to happen like that... But how can they not have reached a deal yet? It's ridiculous.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They wouldn't say if there was progress anyways. Espically walking out of the door. Anyone who expected these guys to walk out of the door and say anything other than no progress deserves to be dissapointed.

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
I like some of your guys' optimism but I've lost all hope. What a sad state for the NHL. Us FANS deserve a little good news by now, don't we? :dunno:

Munchausen

What!? You mean I've worked on my "welcome back NHL" banner all day for nothing?

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
This is delightful news. With the pressure clearly on today I was nervous we would hear talk of the NHL comprising in the area of cost certainty. With the statement made of no progress that means they are still holding firm on the most important facet of a new deal and trying to negotiate on other points.

I still would like to see a season but definitely not at the expense of the NHL entering into any type of deal that remotely resembles the previous CBA, that would include the Dec. 9 proposal. Cost certainty better be a certainty or else I will certainly permanently be a non-NHL fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->