Sportsnet report on ticket price plans for all 30 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Does anyone have the ticket prices for Toronto... the price/location for each price level in the building, at season ticket holder rates? I might be missing it, but I can only find the seating chart without prices on their website. Thanks.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Does anyone have the ticket prices for Toronto... the price/location for each price level in the building, at season ticket holder rates? I might be missing it, but I can only find the seating chart without prices on their website. Thanks.

Unless there are games available, they don't have a list. Once a schedule for next season is released you'll see a list created either on www.ticketmaster.ca or www.theaircanadacentre.com

Weary

Jul 1, 2003
Timmy said:
All Bettman promised to achieve from this lockout was affordable ticket prices?
Sorry for not being adequately clear when I wrote that. I should've said "..all he promised with regards to ticket prices. However he did make other promises which did not relate to ticket prices. In using the word 'all,' I use it only in reference to the subject of this thread: ticket prices." I'll try to write more precisely in the future.

He's going to set the market in all thirty cities?
I want you to know that I am committed to fixing the problems that face our League and to delivering an economic system that will bring you exciting, world-class NHL hockey at ticket prices you can afford. -- Gary Bettman​

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
ColoradoHockeyFan said:

lol... why have prices when none are available.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Weary said:
I want you to know that I am committed to fixing the problems that face our League and to delivering an economic system that will bring you exciting, world-class NHL hockey at ticket prices you can afford. -- Gary Bettman​
But there's the rub. At ticket prices you can afford. Clearly the people attending the games can, by definition, afford to. So if you're in Toronto or Colorado, you're going to continue to see astronomical prices.

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
Thanks to a corporate client, I sat in sec 109/row 15 (blue line) at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto in Feb 2004. The ticket price was $197 Cdn.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
shakes said:
lol... why have prices when none are available.
They're capped here too, but they still publish the prices... they just note that they're sold out. I was just curious if anyone had the Toronto prices handy... maybe from season ticket mailing insert from last year or something.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Poddubny said:
Thanks to a corporate client, I sat in sec 109/row 15 (blue line) at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto in Feb 2004. The ticket price was $197 Cdn.

Yes yes...$197 for mine as well. Sec 108, Row 21...

Absolutely incredible. I got these seats from a doctor in my moms office...

One problem with these prices. Only the business associates and suits go to these games. These people aren't passionate fans. You can tell by the amount of noise they make at the games:

"chirp chirp chirp..."

Yea you gotta really pay attention. I hope MLSE takes notice on the huge sacrifice we as Leaf fans took this past year... I know it's probably not going to happen, but they have no excuse NOT to drop ticket prices.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Poddubny said:

What were the Leafs' highest prices for a potential Finals game? IF the Red Wings had made the Finals last year, the top price would've been $500.

nhlfan79

Feb 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA
A big boo hiss here to our new owners here in Atlanta. They're "maintaining" the pre-lockout price increases that would have gone into effect for the 2004-05 season. In my book, that's not maintaining prices. That's an out-and-out increase, and it's BS and no way to placate fans in a delicate market. All I know is that I'll be paying 10% more for my next game than I did my last game. :madfire:

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
hockeytown9321 said:
What were the Leafs' highest prices for a potential Finals game? IF the Red Wings had made the Finals last year, the top price would've been $500.
Still, that's one exceptional event. Overall, we in Denver (along with the folks in Toronto, I'm sure) would kill to have the prices you have in Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/sports/redwings/metro8e_20040708.htm

Your tickets are $85, $76, $44, and $22. As has been noted before, that top Detroit ticket price of $85 won't even get you out of the upper level at Pepsi Center. :shakehead

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Still, that's one exceptional event. Overall, we in Denver (along with the folks in Toronto, I'm sure) would kill to have the prices you have in Detroit.

Your tickets are $85, $76, $44, and $22. As has been noted before, that top Detroit ticket price of $85 won't even get you out of the upper level at Pepsi Center. :shakehead

So... envious... I can't believe it... More successful team in Detroit, and ours are still more than double Detroits...

Poddubny

Jul 5, 2005
On the Bench
ColoradoHockeyFan said:

In Buffalo, season tix run from $69 to $10. And they've started a variable pricing plan that will see ticket prices fluctuate based on the opponent.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Top Shelf said:
So if I interpret this article correctly:

Teams...

Reducing Ticket Prices: 11 Teams

Not Reducing Prices: 6 Teams

To Be Determined: 13 Teams

So right now just over 1/3rd of the league plans on reducing ticket prices. I would imagine that at least half of the 13 TBD teams will also reduce prices. So that total would be 17 to 18 teams to reduce pricing.

Furthermore no teams said they were going to raise prices.

So for those who said that this CBA will not have a direct impact on ticket pricing *cough* Spector *cough* I will have to disagree. Multiple team statements in this article directly link the outcome of the CBA to what their actions will be in regards to ticket pricing.

He really wasn't wrong. He said that ticket prices are a result of what the market will bear and supply and demand not player salaries. And that is still correct. If it were based soley off of player salaries then no team would be lowering ticket prices until they knew for sure what the salaries would be. And then teams such as Colorado, Toronto, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Dallas would be cutting their prices by 40-50% since that is how much their payroll will drop by. But that is not what is happening at all. Teams realize they need to win the fans back. They know, with the exception of a few teams, the fans will not be lining up at the door to buy ST at the same price as they did last season. So the prices are a result of what the market will bear and supply and demand and very little to do with payroll.

Ticket prices are not dropping because of the CBA they are dropping because of the damage the lock-out has done to this sport. Wait two years and lets see how many teams raise their prices back up to the 2003-04 season prices.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Timmy said:
All Bettman promised to achieve from this lockout was affordable ticket prices?

He's going to set the market in all thirty cities?

I did not know this.

I thought he was trying to achieve cost certainty in order to keep all thirty teams alive going forward in the medium to longterm future.

My bad.

Why should those poor kind-hearted philahthropists feel the need to pass along any of their savings from the new CBA to the greedy, selfish fans who support the teams?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
Where are you located, Jaded-Fan?

As stated, Pittsburgh. Bought a full season, 43 games, for $645 a seat (two seats), $15 a ticket. http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/tickets/season.php Those prices are fully half of what the same seats cost in 2003-3. And other areas are also half of prices from 2002-3, the C section end seating has been reclassified and prices lowered to one half as well. The one thing that I am not sure of is whether these prices will fall even more. I think that these prices reflect the lowering from 2002-3 to 2003-4. Mario promised across the board lowering of prices so these may even fall more.

They are really not bad tickets at all. Certainly not for slightly more than the cost of a movie. On the seating chart they are first row of the overhang right over the goal the Pens shoot at 2 periods of 3. F-16. The Pens have nice feature on their site, that some other teams have as well, where you click on the arena, then the location of the seat, and it shows you a photo-view of your view.

KL*

ColoradoHockeyFan said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h070504A

For anyone needing help with translating the Colorado response:

Translation: "We've never reduced prices, we've only raised them, and in spite of the fact that few--if any--teams have as high a true average ticket price as we do, it's hard to imagine why we would lower them now."

The Avalanche are an NHL hockey team. NHL hockey teams are businesses.

My Comcast bill has never dropped either. I am not going to whine about it on a messageboard though.

A Good Flying Bird*

MikeJones said:
The Avalanche are an NHL hockey team. NHL hockey teams are businesses.

My Comcast bill has never dropped either. I am not going to whine about it on a messageboard though.

No. WHine about to a congressmen.

Cable is a con

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
HeidiHalter said:
Colorado's ticket prices aren't bad at all I would think. My season tickets are $58 a seat in the front row of the third bowl. I've been to games in L.A., New York and St. Louis that were much more expensive than that in comparable seating.

I think youve got that wrong on stlouis. There are 24 sections where we only pay $8 per seat per game as season ticket holders. Thats $368 per seat for season tickets. Thats hard to beat. The best seats in the upper bowl(we only have 2 levels) are only $45 a seat. So I dont know where you are getting your totals at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->