Sportsnet:NHL will come off $42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Lorenzo1000 said:
Well perhaps you should check before you post then? :shakehead
Perhaps you could have simply said "that was the proposal before that, later in the letter he raised it." To which I would have responded "Right you are Ken." But no, you had to get an attitude. We're human, we make mistakes.

NewBreed19

Jungle Boy said:
he last proposal offered a $44.7M
If you include the benefits etc, but the Pa wants 45 or more without benefits. It's over now; just come to grips with it. :banghead:

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
I'm going to go with my gut and say maybe they arn't as stupid as I thought and they might meet half way within the next hour or two.

All this memo and deadline crap is just a negotiating tactic.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
go kim johnsson said:
it is. the players gave him a cap, and now he's *****ing that it's now low enough. Would you ask your mom to borrow money, but it wasn't enough so you didn't take any of it. That's just silly.

sorry- 49M cap with minor penalties does nothing to help the problems here...if the players were intelligent (i know, i ask for too much), they'd take that 42.5M offer before bettman rams a 30M cap up their arses next year

Reilly311

go kim johnsson said:
it is. the players gave him a cap, and now he's *****ing that it's not low enough. Would you ask your mom to borrow money, but it wasn't enough so you didn't take any of it. That's just silly.

:speechles

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
NewBreed19 said:
If you include the benefits etc, but the Pa wants 45 or more without benefits. It's over now; just come to grips with it. :banghead:

buddy, it ain't over till it's over. This is how negotiations work. It's all posturing and nothing more. We won't know anything for sure until 1pm.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
neelynugs said:
sorry- 49M cap with minor penalties does nothing to help the problems here...if the players were intelligent (i know, i ask for too much), they'd take that 42.5M offer before bettman rams a 30M cap up their arses next year

The only way that happens is through impasse, that it goes that low. Impasse is no longer an issue. The cap will be around $46M anyways.

chiavsfan

this is stupid. bettman continues to show his incompetance.

The players have been more incompetent in this entire process...offering BS rollbacks, and their moronic high cap that would do nothing to cure the financial woes of the NHL. The follow their leader blindly, and when one said something, the goon squad was on them faster than flys to crap.

Bettman has his faults in this, but it's not for lack of trying

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
it is. the players gave him a cap, and now he's *****ing that it's not low enough. Would you ask your mom to borrow money, but it wasn't enough so you didn't take any of it. That's just silly.

You once again prove that you lack any grasp of reality, you're so full of pro-PA bias that you can't even think straight.

NewBreed19

crossxcheck said:
buddy, it ain't over till it's over. This is how negotiations work. It's all posturing and nothing more. We won't know anything for sure until 1pm.
You better get your box of cleenex ready, because there will be lots of tears! :lol:

Crows*

Yeah you can't tell me that if goodnow called bettman at 12:59 and said .. ok wel accept the 42.5 offer.. that bettman would say no

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
go kim johnsson said:

Actually it would be the other way around since the owners hold the money. If you asked your mom for money as she said she only had $10 but you needed $20 would you not take the $10?

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
NewBreed19 said:
You better get your box of cleenex ready, because there will be lots of tears! :lol:

If you're going by what tsn reported or any other media source, then you're blind. The media has been used during this process to pressure each side and to shape public opinion. TSN and sportsnet know no more about what is really happening than you and I do. We'll see who's right soon enough, though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I lack grasp of reality? You're the one who supports the idiot Bettman. It's his fault we're in this mess. It's his fault we're going to cancel the season because he won't raise a cap not even $3M. The players give him a cap, give the players SOMETHING. Make a concession. Something he won't do. He is the worst commishioner, ever. Worse than Bud Selig.

drbill28

Feb 25, 2003
Pomfret Center, CT
Visit site
Dr Love said:
The $42.5M included benefits, per Bettman's first letter. Actually it was 42.2 with 2.2 being the benefits.

The NHLPA $49M did not include benefits.

"We are increasing our offer of yesterday by increasing the maximum individual team cap to $44.7MM ($42.5MM in salary and $2.2MM in benefits). This offer is not an invitation to begin negotiations - it's too late for that. This is our last effort to make a deal that's fair to the players and one that the Clubs (hopefully) can afford. We have no more flexibility and there is no time for further negotiation."

In Bettman's first letter He mentions both numbers, the 42.2 being an old number that was increased in the offer. The 42.2 million offer is from Monday.

Sorry, appears as if this was already mentioned.

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
go kim johnsson said:
The only way that happens is through impasse, that it goes that low. Impasse is no longer an issue. The cap will be around $46M anyways.

If the season gets cancelled, the PA won't see another proposal over 40mil! :banghead:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ladybugblue said:
Actually it would be the other way around since the owners hold the money. If you asked your mom for money as she said she only had $10 but you needed $20 would you not take the $10?

The players hold what you want though. They just gave it to you. I sure as hell am taking the 10, Gary Bettman wouldn't.

Crows*

go kim johnsson said:
I lack grasp of reality? You're the one who supports the idiot Bettman. It's his fault we're in this mess. It's his fault we're going to cancel the season because he won't raise a cap not even $3M. The players give him a cap, give the players SOMETHING. Make a concession. Something he won't do. He is the worst commishioner, ever. Worse than Bud Selig.

You don't see how DROPPING LINKAGE AND MOVING THE CAP UP OVER 10 MILLION is making a concession? :lol :lol

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
kim john is right...Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to north american hockey...i have an entire web site devoted to how dumb he is...but ill be kicked off of hfboards if i post it again

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
drbill28 said:
"We are increasing our offer of yesterday by increasing the maximum individual team cap to $44.7MM ($42.5MM in salary and $2.2MM in benefits). This offer is not an invitation to begin negotiations - it's too late for that. This is our last effort to make a deal that's fair to the players and one that the Clubs (hopefully) can afford. We have no more flexibility and there is no time for further negotiation."

In Bettman's first letter He mentions both numbers, the 42.2 being an old number that was increased in the offer. The 42.2 million offer is from Monday.
Yeah, we went over this already, thanks.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
nyrmessier011 said:
kim john is right...Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to north american hockey...i have an entire web site devoted to how dumb he is...but ill be kicked off of hfboards if i post it again

PM the link to me, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->