Sportsnet:NHL will come off $42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reilly311

Leafer4Life said:
Kypreos just said $45 million......... C'mon NHLPA take that number!!!!!!

Sportsnet really wants ratings. I find this hard to believe.

VinnyVinnyVici

Mar 16, 2004
Dade City, FL
officeglen said:
I would. U2 concert. Paris Hilton wrestling match. Elvis launches comeback. For hockey - well we have HDTV for that.

Clarification: I will never walk into an NHL rink for an NHL game.

Thanks, Glen. :)

(BTW... even if they get this deal done, Dumb and Dumber should BOTH still be fired. As several players have pointed out, why did it take losing 5 months of the season before both sides moved off their positions????) :mad:

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Geez, the PA is shouting from the rooftops that 45 will get it done. If the owners want a season, they might want to throw the players a bone for the sake of the product. If you want to begin to repair the game now, it's probably better to have the players in some state other than completely pissed off and bitter toward their bosses. A bone here is a step in that direction.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I believe that if this report was true, and the NHL were going to raise their offer, we would've heard it announced by now. Instead, we're just getting Bob McKenzie saying that there has been no contact, and the NHL saying that there has been no contact.

Ever an optimist, I think we're done for. :-\

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
Live on the phone with Michael Kim

thanks, sounds like he is going from a conversation he said to have had with one of the 'Govs' at least thats what he said last night. Davidson, Hradek some others are putting a lot of faith in them comming to the 44-45 mil amount. Hope they are credible.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
Lorenzo1000 said:
Actually right now it's $42.5 without the benefits so that's already $44.7
The $42.5M included benefits, per Bettman's first letter. Actually it was 42.2 with 2.2 being the benefits.

The NHLPA $49M did not include benefits.

Reilly311

The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reilly311 said:
The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled

says who

MarkZackKarl

Jun 29, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
idiots

HEre is the bit from TSN.ca
The NHL's deadline for the Players' Association to accept its $42.5 million hard cap proposal has passed, and all signs point to commissioner Gary Bettman announcing the cancellation of the 2004-2005 season at a 1pm et/10am pt news conference in New York (live on TSN and TSN.ca). The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
go kim johnsson said:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=115107

The league has already sent out memos to its teams that it has not contacted the union since Tuesday night, and the season will be cancelled. Neither side has contacted each other since wrapping up a public letter-writing campaign, when the NHL and the union stood pat with a $6.5 million gap.
It's over guys. It wasn't done when they stopped talking yesterday, and nothing new has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->