Sportsnet:NHL will come off $42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
44 + floor (remember that the NHL never offered a floor like the PA did at $25 million) + 10% of 2005 playoff revenue to players.

44 cap - 15 floor

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
honestly at this point i'd say the players should take $44 even...there's just too much at stake in the end

i think it should be more like $45 or $46, but that could be considered splitting hairs i guess...

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
This is like a game of chess. Both sides are anticipating the next's move and acting accordingly. If Bettman were to offer $44m now, then he could get the $45-46m that would probably be accepted by the owners. Goodenow called Bettman's bluff on his "final offer" and Bettman should now call Goodenow's bluff.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Wally112pac said:
Expect the press conference to get pushed back while they work somethin out.

Of course. They've pushed back these supposed "deadlines" several times now. It's such a joke when the individual setting the deadline is also a chief negotiator in the proceedings.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
AL Morganti was on the FAN590 yesterday and he said that one of the Crazy 8s (hardliners) was willing to go up to 44.

In my mind it is these stupid 'crazy 8' monkeys that are the enemy at this point. The players and the majority of owners could easily come to an agreement at this point without these 8 whiners. I actually hope the NHLPA proposes a 45 million dollar hard cap figure and that Bettman tells these 8 owners to shut it and take it. There has been a lot of animosity towards the players, but I'm starting to target these 8 idiotic owners as the main reason the season is cancelled if we loose it today. :mad:

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
I do not think the NHL will go any higher than 44...will be a huge test for the PA...you can accept it and save the season...or reject it and your players dont have paychecks this season over a 5 mil gap...

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
go kim johnsson said:
Oh the drama

DA*N I just pulled out a tuft of my hair over all of this and NOW the owners might come off their 42.5 stance?... OK anyone know how to re-attach hair to the head? :lol

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
It seems to me neither side wants to be the one to accept the other's offer. Like it would show they caved. The NHL wants to show they won't cave like last time, and goodenow is determined to not cave. It's really a battle of egos now.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
That fat lady is out on stage warming up but she might get the hook.

Here's to hoping McKenzie has been kept out of the loop for some reason and his info is false.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
chiavsfan said:
Again, this is most likely pure speculation on Sportsnets part...don't get your hopes too high

I don't think that it's speculation. Note the key point in the sportsnet.ca article:

Sportsnet has learned the league will come off their hard stance of $42.5 million

That doesn't sound like speculation to me..........

VinnyVinnyVici

Mar 16, 2004
Dade City, FL
Less than 5 minutes to Doomsday

If these guys cannot swallow their petulant pre-teen egos and get a deal DONE before they cancel the season, I will NEVER walk into an NHL rink again. EVER.

And I'm sure that there are a lot of hard-core puckheads here who would do the same.

It won't matter if there's a $22 million, $32 million or $200 million cap if there's no one there to watch the games.

GET THE F'N DEAL DONE YOU MORONS!!!

SENSible1*

Biggest Canuck Fan said:
Kypreos is right in with the PA, so I think this is one time I would trust his judgement.

Kypreos has no sources with the NHL and is simply engaging in wishful thinking.

If he was reporting a move by the PA, then he would have some credibility.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Eh, I don't think anything will happen until right before 1pm. You can't tell me that if Goodenow called at 12:30pm with a good offer, that Bettman would still cancel the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad