Sportsnet:NHL will come off $42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Whatever Bettman comes back with now will be the end of it. That's what Goodenow meant when he said "You'll hear nothing further from us." Throw us a bone and we're done.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Peter said:
The NHL will not go to 45 million...it will be more around 43.5 but with a bottom rung at $23 million. And it has to be a hard cap.

Hopefully instead of playing hardball with the remaining 25 minutes the NHL will actually make a proposal that will be accepted and will end this mess. I hope you are wrong.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Leafer4Life said:
If the NHL hadn't of cracked, the NHLPA might not have as Goodenow said "You will receive nothing further from us". I'd say that it's a good thing that they cracked. At least Bettman is moving off his 42.5 stance..........

But if the cap is upwards of $45M, I don't see it making much difference. The markets will still be polarized.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
This will get done has I said before this is just trying to win has much has possible it is call negotiation. No one here has ever play poker ! This is just a really big poker game.

NewBreed19

Don't celebrate to soon, because Sportsnet has been wrong before! I will believe it when I see more media reporting this.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
It will be 44, not 45.5 as suggested earlier in the thread. AL Morganti was on the FAN590 yesterday and he said that one of the Crazy 8s (hardliners) was willing to go up to 44.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
CRAZY_FAN said:
This will get done has I said before this is just trying to win has much has possible it is call negotiation. No one here has ever play poker ! This is just a really big poker game.

I've played, but the resolve on both sides is immeasurable. And there is still a chance this won't get done. If the NHL does not like what the PA has offered, they will walk and go the Impasse route, a luxury the players just do not have.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafer4Life said:
How come only the sportsnet website is saying about Bettman moving off 42.5, but the guys on tv aren't?!?!?!? WTF? :dunno:

neither is TSN or FAN590

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Biggest Canuck Fan said:
Tape delay from last nights cast. :dunno:

Is it live right now?

Kypreos and crew were on live about 15mins ago and Kypreos mentioned it.
Also fan590 is reporting it now too.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
NewBreed19 said:
Don't celebrate to soon, because Sportsnet has been wrong before! I will believe it when I see more media reporting this.
my thoughs exactly were they not the first "legit" outlet that broke the Coyote equipment order season to be on rumor back in Jan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad