Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jobu said:
Source? TV or Web?

THIS IS TRUE.

From the Web:

"Sportsnet has learned the league will come off their hard stance of $42.5 million but will not accept the union's latest offer of $49 million."

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
IF true (big if at this point)

the players better come down from $49 mill

hey i'm more pro player than pro owner but if the players refuse to meet in the middle, how can i support them?

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
This is awesome. It's like overtime in game 7. I just cracked open a beer... gonna sit back and enjoy.

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site
I think now the deal is done...

If they(NHL) are so willing, and let's face it both sides know they need a deal, to move after saying this is it take it or leave it, well this deal tells me the NHL has a deal in place.

I say they've moved to... you guessed it, 45.5 million. The Association would be dumb not to take it.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I reported this over 30mins ago with no link and got bashed.
I told you'd have links soon.

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
I think they are just trying to convince a potential judge that they are negotiating in good faith. If you want to declare an impasse, you must argue that you negotiated in good faith, but still could not get a deal done.

I'll believe them when it's signed.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Who else thinks that Goodenow will come up with his last most generous offer of $47m. Just because he thinks Bettman has been bluffing all along. Then of course Bettman would say no deal.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
oil slick said:
This is awesome. It's like overtime in game 7. I just cracked open a beer... gonna sit back and enjoy.

That is how I feel right now. I feel they tied the game and we are going into OT. Come on hockey!

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
littleD said:
Not only does the NHLPA need to come down to $45 mil or so, that needs to be a HARD cap, not a soft cap like the $49 mil offer.

The NHL will not go to 45 million...it will be more around 43.5 but with a bottom rung at $23 million. And it has to be a hard cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad