Sportsnet - "Maple Leafs will miss Hyman, see chance for other players to step up."

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Last 5 games Matthews has been killing it with advanced stats without Hyman. Matthews is a near league average 50.06% SAT% overall on the season. But in the last 5 games without Hyman he's rocking a noticeably better 44.67%.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
dude chill. You continue to bash william and have been short sighted with statements such as... kap is so much better etc. So easy to forget what he did the last two years plus against washington in his first playoffs.
You call that bashing? Lmao, can’t take any criticism I guess.

We’ve Already seen his best days. I’m sorry it’s just the way I see it. You’re opinion may differ, cool. You are entitled to it as well.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
You call that bashing? Lmao, can’t take any criticism I guess.

We’ve Already seen his best days. I’m sorry it’s just the way I see it. You’re opinion may differ, cool. You are entitled to it as well.
Yeah we have seen a 22 year olds best days. That is a horrific take.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Are they serious with this title? A team with Tavares, Matthews, Rielly, Kadri, Marner, Kapanen, Nylander, etc is going to miss Hyman of all players? Who will step up to score an empty netter? Perhaps lowly Patrick Marleau and his pathetic Team Canada pedigree will fill the giant hole left behind by Zach Hyman.

Are these sports 'journalists' for real? How come nobody in the media has mustered the courage to ask why someone with 15 points is playing with two players that have 47 and 38 points respectively? How come nobody has mustered the courage to ask why this player has never been demoted, ever?

The media/announcers will spend every waking minute pumping the tires of any player the fans aren't too fond of.

Reactions: smitty10

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Last 5 games Matthews has been killing it with advanced stats without Hyman. Matthews is a near league average 50.06% SAT% overall on the season. But in the last 5 games without Hyman he's rocking a noticeably better 44.67%.

He hasnt played with Hyman all season so I am not sure how this is relevant,

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You don’t think the fact we’ve played garbage teams apart from the Islanders and Blue Jackets is a bigger factor to that?

We’ve played Detroit, the Panthers, the Rangers and New Jersey since Hyman was injured.

Rank in Pts%

CBJ #6
NYI #9
NYR #18
FLA #19
DET #27

Seems like a pretty average group of opponents.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Alright man, only time will tell. I hope you’re correct but I think not.
Hopefully man. I usually agree with most of your takes. But this one I def sit on the other side of the spectrum. I also think by end of next season the contract will be a steal. Let's see.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm happy when the team continues to effectively motor along without any one player for a certain stretch of time. Think Andersen would be the toughest (and starting goalie could possibly be said for most teams) as the team would have to either consistently break out offensively or clamp down defensively to best compensate.

Will be good to have Hyman return to the lineup as he's a fixture, but I'd expect the team to hold the fort well enough until that happens.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Comparing Matthews to Hyman is stupid. Unless you are Egocock.
No one compared Matthews to Hyman. I believe the poster was pointing out the depth of the Leafs. The can continue to play well regardless who is out. NYI was an exception rather than the rule. BTW what is egocock?

Reactions: leaffaninvancouver

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think they have missed Hyman.
Where he should be in the lineup is obviously debatable
Connor Brown with 3 goals - don't like to see him getting first line minutes

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I'm not surprised but the narrow mindedness of some posters is certainly intriguing to say the least.

Some people just don't get it and never will.

Some people always need a whipping boy.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
What is our record in those 5 games again? Personally I think the success of the Leafs is more important than the individual fancy stats of a player, we need Hyman back pronto. Also, Hyman hasn't been on Matthews line all year he's been playing with Tavares who is having a career year with him on his wing. Take your nose out of the spreadsheet and actually watch a game dude.

Reactions: The Cobra

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
What is our record in those 5 games again? Personally I think the success of the Leafs is more important than the individual fancy stats of a player, we need Hyman back pronto. Also, Hyman hasn't been on Matthews line all year he's been playing with Tavares who is having a career year with him on his wing. Take your nose out of the spreadsheet and actually watch a game dude.

FACT: Spreadsheets better predict the outcome of NHL games than watching the games. Well, other than the last few Stanley Cup champions, any Carolina Hurricanes' game, Cody Franson's career trajectory, etc. Personally I find watching the games a little too intense and a bit triggering, bodychecking especially. And if I do watch the games I wait to react only after the stats are in. I can't trust my eyes. They're wrong so often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad