Sportsnet does Mock Lottery, Crosby winners here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
GoLeafsGo2003 said:
and if the Bruins win the lottery they;ll have 5 ppl willing to play for them instead of four ;)

No, haven't you heard since Boston was pushing for a cap with EVERY OTHER TEAM, no one will want to play for Boston, get signed by four teams with unlimited cap room (Philadelphia, Vancouver, Toronto, and Colorado) and Boston will be no longer? Apparently all the players in the league met to talk about which teams they wouldn't play for, Boston was #1, and a possible expansion team from Mexico City was a distant #2.

It's big news all around here. :yo:

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Bruins4Ever said:
No, haven't you heard since Boston was pushing for a cap with EVERY OTHER TEAM, no one will want to play for Boston, get signed by four teams with unlimited cap room (Philadelphia, Vancouver, Toronto, and Colorado) and Boston will be no longer? Apparently all the players in the league met to talk about which teams they wouldn't play for, Boston was #1, and a possible expansion team from Mexico City was a distant #2.

It's big news all around here. :yo:

of course..all free agents want to play in Toronto first. It is the centre of the universe after all

Duff88

May 7, 2002
It's now 2 minutes to midnight, ain't there any news as to who was their mock lottery winner tonight?

EDIT :
NOTE TO SELF : Read the previous posts before posting... :innocent:

Roger's Pancreas*

Duff88 said:
It's now 2 minutes to midnight, ain't there any news as to who was their mock lottery winner tonight?

Maybe they quit doing it after realizing how dumb these mocks are.

tomerez

Mar 16, 2003
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Hercules Rockefeller said:
I just noticed something. The draft is on July 30th, and the baseball trading deadline is on the 31st. If the Sox make a huge deal, and the Blackhawks win(or Yanks-Rangers or any other baseball dominated market and their hockey team), that'd be unfortunate. I could only guess not alot of Chicago media would focus on Crosby if the Sox go out and acquire some big name in that time-frame.
Most of Chicago only cares about the Cubbies.

The Joker*

Why does everyone think SportsNet is rigging the mock drafts? They really don't care who wins they're just proving a point that it's 99% luck and 1% balls (just like cards)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oil3rs said:
Why does everyone think SportsNet is rigging the mock drafts? They really don't care who wins they're just proving a point that it's 99% luck and 1% balls (just like cards)
I don't think its rigged. I just felt like spouting the conspiracy theory when Toronto won the first day's draft.

My only complaint with their method is that the bin they have doesn't mix the balls, they just spin in place for the most part.

Safir*

The Nemesis said:
Day 3 winner: Anaheim

Guess there goes the original 6 theory.

What the point of this? One HF poster made a lottery simulator and I use it once in a while to see what could be.

Like right now
ta ta ta ta....The winner is Columbus.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
TomACE said:
What the point of this? One HF poster made a lottery simulator and I use it once in a while to see what could be.

Like right now
ta ta ta ta....The winner is Columbus.
Everyone's just obsessed with the lottery concept because this is something new for the NHL.

Besides, this has as much of a point as my draft lottery predictions thread, but that didn't stop 30 people (including you) from trying their hand at selecting 5 high-picking teams.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
tomerez said:
Most of Chicago only cares about the Cubbies.

Not with the White Sox being the best in baseball. All Chicago media will focus in on any big White Sox deal over Crosby.

bcrt2000 said:
we're going to find out where crosby is going on the 21st, not the 30th

You're 100% right, but it won't be official till then. So if on the 31st, Chicago wins, and brings Crosby in to parade him around, and the White Sox, or even Cubs, make a huge MLB trade, I can only guess they'll focus more on baseball. Same thing goes for New York.

Safir*

The Nemesis said:
Everyone's just obsessed with the lottery concept because this is something new for the NHL.

I guess so. Everybody seems to have an idea or opinion about the draft (& the lottery.)

Well let it be. :)

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Here's a fun idea:Arbitrarily assign 15 teams to Ovechkin and 15 to Malkin. Then get them to have and arm wrestling contest, followed up by a rousing round of rock-paper-scissors. Whoever wins that draws an animal on a slip of paper and his 15 teams guess at it until someone wins. Best. Draft. Ever. :jump:

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
tom_servo said:
Is there anything more pointless than a mock lottery?

The only point it serves to make is that people shouldn't get all excited that some teams have more balls than others. Everybody has a shot, and these mock lotteries proves it.

I was listening to sports talk radio in my city, and people were flipping out that the Rangers had 3 balls.

NYRGoalieGlut*

Tricolore#20 said:
The only point it serves to make is that people shouldn't get all excited that some teams have more balls than others. Everybody has a shot, and these mock lotteries proves it.

I was listening to sports talk radio in my city, and people were flipping out that the Rangers had 3 balls.

Well you're from Edmonton? Maybe Edmonton and their playoffs that they make every year in the west should have 3 balls. :shakehead What a joke, those people are whinners. The Rangers suck and have sucked, it makes no difference why they suck. Sure some teams deserve it more than the Rangers, well actually the only team that I can think of that deserves it more than the Rangers are the Pens, I'll say that they're the only team that might be worse than them. However, no team's missed the playoffs more than the Rangers, at least there's no team with a current such streak, and maybe 1 or 2 will have a worse record than the Rangers this year. Actually that's the most important thing, they'd have one of the best chances to win the lottery if the season was played, odds and common sense say so. So those people are whinners and don't like they fact that the Rangers are rich. Wah wah wah!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
tml_4ever said:
we already did win twice in a row :p: (the tsn mock lottery :D )

They won the ISS' mock lottery as well.

If only the Leafs could win things when it actually counted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad