Sportsnet definitive ranking of NHL’s top 40 defencemen over three seasons: 40-21

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Berkshire had Petry in the top 23 Dman last year. Weber is legit just not a good Dman no matter how much Habs fans want to justify the Subban trade.
Your claiming that ---Weber not a good D-man. Wow talk about losing all credibility down the toilet in just 1 flush.:facepalm:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Hot take, Berkshire is gonna have Petry in the top 20 and he wont have Weber in the top 40, lmao.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
McDonagh seems to have fallen quite a bit during the last few years. Not a contract I'd be terribly comfortable with.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Faulk at #28 and Ellis not in top 40. Sure thing Sir.

Edit: I guess he can be in top 20. But with Ekholm at #30 it doesn't seem likely, does it?

Ellis is very over rated. He's a good #3 who can put up a ton of points but people act like if he was dealt to a bottom feeder he could be a true #1 D for them. You could put Gardiner on that team and he would look likely even better than Ellis as he could put up a ton of points on a strong structured defensive core that would cover a ton of mistake while allowing his talent to shine through.

I am sorry but if we believe this list and what some people say, the Preds have 4 top 40 D? So in otherwords 3 #1 D and a top pairing D? And they have a vezina goalie? Why haven't they won a cup then?

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
And here is a perfect example how stats can skew rankings...

Justin Faulk, according to their own fans, was one of the worst D on the team last season. He must have been a top 5D the previous two seasons to make up for such an awful year, right?

Colin Miller played his first actual full season as an NHL regular. Before hand was a #6/7D that was in and out of the line up for the Bruins. Is now the 39th best D apparently.

So so wrong.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
And here is a perfect example how stats can skew rankings...

Justin Faulk, according to their own fans, was one of the worst D on the team last season. He must have been a top 5D the previous two seasons to make up for such an awful year, right?

Colin Miller played his first actual full season as an NHL regular. Before hand was a #6/7D that was in and out of the line up for the Bruins. Is now the 39th best D apparently.

So so wrong.

b..bu..but the corsi never lies??

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Ellis is very over rated. He's a good #3 who can put up a ton of points but people act like if he was dealt to a bottom feeder he could be a true #1 D for them. You could put Gardiner on that team and he would look likely even better than Ellis as he could put up a ton of points on a strong structured defensive core that would cover a ton of mistake while allowing his talent to shine through.

I am sorry but if we believe this list and what some people say, the Preds have 4 top 40 D? So in otherwords 3 #1 D and a top pairing D? And they have a vezina goalie? Why haven't they won a cup then?

I'd actually say they have 3 top 40D (Ellis probably in the top 55) and a Verona goalie.

They haven't won a cup because that same Vezina goalie has been embarrassing in high pressure games and before Forsberg they had no game breaker on offense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->