Confirmed with Link: SportsNet And Vancouver Canucks Sign A Ten Year Broadcast Extension

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
I usually do something else during the intermissions and post-game so that doesn't bother me too much. The game itself is well done. Shorthouse and Garrett do a good job compared to a lot of the crews around the league.

Shorthouse is great, Garrett is weaker but it's more than made up for by the chemistry those two have. All in all, very happy with the job those two do.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised that the Canucks were willing to make a 10 year commitment. This could be a bit shortsighted on their part but perhaps they were thrown so much money they couldn't resist. Content delivery will be vastly different in 5-6 years than it is today, but I suppose it's possible that this was addressed in the negotiation. Much smarter people than me were making this decision, so I'm assuming they know something I don't or have a very clear road map to how they plan on delivering their content.

VanEric

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
When you're watching 82 games per year, I'll take take Garrett's more laid back approach. He takes a more positive approach which helps balance out the overwhelming negativity of our fanbase and media.

The only guy I'd replace Garrett with is Ray Ferraro, if he ever felt like giving up his TSN job because he wanted to be at home more.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
Watching some other teams local broadcasts has given me a new appreciation for what we have. I'm not a big Garrett fan, I think a former player should be able to deliver more than fluff, but they're pretty good overall.

skeena1

May 15, 2006
I'll be honest, I'm a bit surprised that the Canucks were willing to make a 10 year commitment. This could be a bit shortsighted on their part but perhaps they were thrown so much money they couldn't resist. Content delivery will be vastly different in 5-6 years than it is today, but I suppose it's possible that this was addressed in the negotiation. Much smarter people than me were making this decision, so I'm assuming they know something I don't or have a very clear road map to how they plan on delivering their content.

The release mentioned the deal included television, mobile and online delivery.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
I really like Shorty and Garrett because when they talk, they don't talk to each other as if they're collegues, but they talk to each other as if they're good friends.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I really like Shorty and Garrett because when they talk, they don't talk to each other as if they're collegues, but they talk to each other as if they're good friends.

I'm glad Hughson and Simpson aren't like that because I can't stand Craig Simpson. :laugh:

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
Shorty is great, Garrett is decent, but Valk is brutal. A homer without significant insights.

Drop Valk and we're good. :help:

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
Sportsnet has done a good job of broadcasting the Canucks locally since they took over. They've always had some good talent. Seeing the people that the Flames get makes me appreciate what we have. It's one of the better hockey broadcasts.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Personally I think Sportsnet's garbage. Awful on-air personalities and budget production values (grainy, colourless HD feed, audio mix is almost as bad as cbc's.) Shorthouse and Garrett (and dan murphy) are great, everything else about the channel is completely terrible. Rogers is a bad corporation and it should feel bad. Thank god the Canucks haven't been swallowed up by one of these shambling, eastern techno-corporate media behemoths.

NiceDemitra

Nov 22, 2008
When you're watching 82 games per year, I'll take take Garrett's more laid back approach. He takes a more positive approach which helps balance out the overwhelming negativity of our fanbase and media.

The only guy I'd replace Garrett with is Ray Ferraro, if he ever felt like giving up his TSN job because he wanted to be at home more.

Oh god. Ray Ferraro needs to see a speech therapist before I could listen to him 60 games a season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->