Sports bar suggestions

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Will be going to the Saturday game. We have all afternoon to kill. Would like to have food and drink before, while catching the start of the Bama-Mizzou game at 6, then getting into the arena in time for the 7pm start. So obviously something close to the arena. Any suggestions?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
One spot that really surprised me for sneaky sports bar is HQ Beercade on 2nd. Plus you have the options of ‘free’ video games.

In full disclosure I didn’t pay attention to just how many televisions they had. I just noticed Michigan vs. someone on what I remember to be a pretty massive screen.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
One spot that really surprised me for sneaky sports bar is HQ Beercade on 2nd. Plus you have the options of ‘free’ video games.

In full disclosure I didn’t pay attention to just how many televisions they had. I just noticed Michigan vs. someone on what I remember to be a pretty massive screen.
HQ is a Michigan bar. Not sure what time they play but most of their TVs are on the Michigan game.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I wonder how many times we saw each other there and didn't realize it. Gonna have to start having meet ups again so we'll know who we are.
Probably more times than are possible to count. My friends and I were just winging it last night. Had no idea how to adapt to life post-Park.

Drinking is bad .... mmmmmmmkay.
.........at least I don't smoke........

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Will be going to the Saturday game. We have all afternoon to kill. Would like to have food and drink before, while catching the start of the Bama-Mizzou game at 6, then getting into the arena in time for the 7pm start. So obviously something close to the arena. Any suggestions?
In all seriousness, I would suggest either Bailey's or Broadway Brewhouse. Both are right near the arena and attempt to be sports friendly, but its also Bama so it shouldn't be hard to find.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
In all seriousness, I would suggest either Bailey's or Broadway Brewhouse. Both are right near the arena and attempt to be sports friendly, but its also Bama so it shouldn't be hard to find.

I like both of these but if you don't want to deal with smoke then may want to go elsewhere. Bailey's does have an outdoor area on the 2nd floor which could be a good option to get away from a majority of the smoke though.

Some other alternatives exist over on 3rd avenue and near the Omni. Barlines at the Omni is a good spot. And I'll bet that tap house place across from Bakersfield on 3rd is good.

A little further out but Party Fowl is a good spot and I'm guessing the Pour House is as well. Both are 10-15 minute walks from downtown depending on where you start from.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I like both of these but if you don't want to deal with smoke then may want to go elsewhere. Bailey's does have an outdoor area on the 2nd floor which could be a good option to get away from a majority of the smoke though.

Some other alternatives exist over on 3rd avenue and near the Omni. Barlines at the Omni is a good spot. And I'll bet that tap house place across from Bakersfield on 3rd is good.

A little further out but Party Fowl is a good spot and I'm guessing the Pour House is as well. Both are 10-15 minute walks from downtown depending on where you start from.

Thanks. Need to stay close to the arena so we'll have to skip Pour House. Though it sounds like a place I need to hit sometime.

What's the story with smoking? Is it allowed everywhere? Any bars or restaurants specifically ban it? I prefer to avoid any place that has smoking.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
My friends and I were just winging it last night. Had no idea how to adapt to life post-Park....
It's sad. I saw quite a few Paradise regulars at AJ's and everyone just looked lost.

. Need to stay close to the arena ....... I prefer to avoid any place that has smoking.
If you are ok with just seeing the game and don't care about actually hearing it, I would bet that Rippy's will have it on. It's on the corner of 5th and Broadway, directly across the street from the arena.

Just a couple of bars allow smoking, most all the bars are smoke free so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->