Sporcle: Variety of Canadian Songs

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
I got 37/60, though I'll admit I had to go through my music folder to get a few of them (didn't look for the individual songs, at least).

I missed a handful I should have gotten though: Signs, Snowbird, Sweet City Woman, 1234.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
25/60

I probably could have hummed or sung 40/60 just on the song titles alone. Blanked at a lot of the artist names though.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Non-Canadadian here:sarcasm:

I got 7/10 in "I've Heard of Canadada", 8/10 in "I've seen a hockey game" though I know a 9th song, just can't think of who performed Spinning Wheel. And 4/10 in "Jim Carrey is my neighbour" - and know two other songs (kicking myself for forgetting the woman that sings Black Velvet, I only see it every other day on Sirius). I got 1/10 in "Hoser, eh?" and know one song in Honourary Canuck (and had to look up who performed it, because again, kicking myself that I can't recall who performs Sweet City Woman). So overall I got 20/60.

Time just ran out, of the ones I didn't know, I've heard of (oh, ****, Blood, Sweat and Tears :banghead: never knew they were Canadian) 17 of the artists, but I'm not overly familiar with their catalogues, necessarily.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
42//60..I'm glad they didn't care I forgot the s in payola$ is a dollar sign.

If the quiz didn't lag so much on my phone, I could've gotten a few more.

That Payolas tune was one where I sat there running the reggae-esque guitar riff and melody through my head, and picturing the bug-eyed singer, but couldn't get the frikkin band name. Good song.

Give me a "Play-From-Memory" test and I'll ace it. Names? I'm hopeless.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
That Payolas tune was one where I sat there running the reggae-esque guitar riff and melody through my head, and picturing the bug-eyed singer, but couldn't get the frikkin band name. Good song.

Give me a "Play-From-Memory" test and I'll ace it. Names? I'm hopeless.

I just remember Bob Rock, the mega producer, was in the Payola$.

When I was younger, my boss used to listen to classic rock radio, which, by law had to overplay a lot of those songs.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
48/60. I got 29/30 on the top half, but struggled with the bottom part.

If anything, I wish it had been longer. There's dozens of artists they could've added to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad