OT: Spoiler Alert [Spoiler Alert ((Spoiler Alert))] (The Newly Annual Non-Pens Media Thread)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Honour Over Glory I just want to say that I enjoy you criticizing people who are being overly critical of GoT for the pure irony of it all. I'm not saying you're even wrong, it's just funny to have flipped sides of the argument we've had 100 times :laugh:

Overall my problem is just how much they have changed what the show is. Whether it's worse or not can be debated, but I don't know how anyone can argue that the overall writing style of the show is still the same as it was early on. It's a way different pace with a far greater focus on spectacle than on the characters.

I don't at all fault them for diverging from what books 4 and 5 are (they would be bad TV for sure), but I think they've gone too far the other way.
Being mad about the show now is pointless. It's from a book that is so convoluted with so many arcs that the author himself has no clue how to keep track of them and has created so many loose ends at this point, he will never properly finish his own books to the satisfaction anyone will want out of it all and yes, I have read all of this books, more than one go around.

The show, it was crap after season 3, I wouldn't even put it in the same category of greatness that was Rome or even Breaking Bad. It was decent, like I was more entertained by those lame Starz shows about Spartacus and the excessive showing of dongs (Pixies, you'll love that show).

I find it fitting that D&D are headed to Star Wars, they're finally home.

Reactions: shoplifter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agreed on GRRM. He has so many loose ends to tie up and only two books to do it.
He will never tie them up because he realistically needs about 10 more books just to wrap up all of the stories he's created and side quests he's managed to conjure up during another side quest.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Two books is doable given they'll be like 1500 pages each at least. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if publishers split them up to milk the $

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
First season was really good. Couldn't make it past the first couple of episodes of S2. Felt it just fell off a cliff. Maybe I'll give it another go when the movie comes out.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I watched Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot, which is on Amazon Prime. Solid movie. I went into it knowing almost nothing about the premise. Joaquin is good, and Jonah Hill is very good in maybe the only role he's gone a little out of his comfort zone (don't hurt me if I'm forgetting something, he just always seems to basically play Jonah Hill to me).

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
seems like every actor from GoT is coming out with complaints and frustrations about the later seasons of the show as soon as their character is dead :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Part of what makes Deadwood great isn't really the story, it's the dialogue and the acting. Ian McShane is absolutely fantastic as Swearengen and the rest of the cast is equally top notch.

"Woah, he just Twelve Point'd Slippery Dan!"
Loved Deadwood and Rome.
Calamity Jane is so f ing good at her part. Good to know she will be back for the movie. (whatever her actor name is)

Rome was Game of Thrones before game of thrones and was so in history as well. Bruno Heller should of been show runner of Game of Thrones seeing what an excellent job he did with Rome.

Also, there is a 500 thousand signed petition to scrap and re-do Game of Thrones season 8. LOL

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Being mad about the show now is pointless. It's from a book that is so convoluted with so many arcs that the author himself has no clue how to keep track of them and has created so many loose ends at this point, he will never properly finish his own books to the satisfaction anyone will want out of it all and yes, I have read all of this books, more than one go around.

The show, it was crap after season 3, I wouldn't even put it in the same category of greatness that was Rome or even Breaking Bad. It was decent, like I was more entertained by those lame Starz shows about Spartacus and the excessive showing of dongs (Pixies, you'll love that show).

I find it fitting that D&D are headed to Star Wars, they're finally home.

Rome. My true television love. It embarrasses GoT in competence and story.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I never got around to watching season 2 because of this. I was a fan of the show too.
You and a great deal many of people.
It is depressing beyond watchable, but it is really good if you can survive it *literally* =P

Apr 9, 2009
USA
You and a great deal many of people.
It is depressing beyond watchable, but it is really good if you can survive it *literally* =P

I pretty much feel the same about True Detective as well.. but I heard season 2 wasn't great anyways. Season 1 was so good. But damn. I watched it twice and I don't know if I'll do it again.

Reactions: shoplifter

CascadiaPenguin

Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I pretty much feel the same about True Detective as well.. but I heard season 2 wasn't great anyways. Season 1 was so good. But damn. I watched it twice and I don't know if I'll do it again.
S2 is worthy. S3 is where things kind of go off the rails. 3 has some connection to 1 but I will say no more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->