Post-Game Talk: spOiler Alert: Edmonton loses

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He just seems really disengaged.

I thought he was injured during the second game he just seemed that off.
Been that way through most of the second half of last season with the exception of the Calgary games.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
if anything, I think people have learned to live without hockey and realize there's more important things than a silly game played by millionaires
We’ll find this out when fans are allowed back into the building. I’ve felt since last March that when it does happen there will be significantly fewer of them willing to pay anywhere near what it cost them before though. I see a massive correction coming for professional sports. The athletes becoming activists hasn’t helped them with the public either.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
We’ll find this out when fans are allowed back into the building. I’ve felt since last March that when it does happen there will be significantly fewer of them willing to pay anywhere near what it cost them before though. I see a massive correction coming for professional sports. The athletes becoming activists hasn’t helped them with the public either.
the Oilers had barely any sellouts last season as people weren't buying the garbage the media and organization shills are trying to sell

I suspect it will be even worse after this pandemic is over and people are allowed back in

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
There was rumours last year mcdavid was unhappy having no one to play with on his line and requested they give him Nuge.

If true, that is disappointing and makes McDavid's "team guy" persona seem like a bit of a fraud.
I just looked at the numbers, and he had 12g-22a-34p in those 23 games since Yamamoto joined the team on Dec 31, 2019, which is basically identical production to what he had before that (22g-41a-63p in 41 games).

The team was 20-17-4 before Yamamoto came up and 17-8-5 afterwards. So the team went from 88 point pace to 107 point pace. There are some factors like improved goaltending after the awful stretch in December that contributed to it too, but McDavid produced the same and the team won more, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
The first 5 minutes last night were actually quite good, I don’t think the Habs carried it past the Oilers blue line with control at any point. But at the first sign of pushback their confidence wavers and they wilt, and begin playing tentatively and nervously.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The first 5 minutes last night were actually quite good, I don’t think the Habs carried it past the Oilers blue line with control at any point. But at the first sign of pushback their confidence wavers and they wilt, and begin playing tentatively and nervously.
Actually the confidence wavered after Koskinen couldn't save a muffin shot.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Actually the confidence wavered after Koskinen couldn't save a muffin shot.
And again, if one bad goalie completely deflates your team, then your team shouldn't be playing professionally.

You think Tampa crumbles after a bad goal? Hell no. They are a team and go work to get it back.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
the Oilers had barely any sellouts last season as people weren't buying the garbage the media and organization shills are trying to sell

I suspect it will be even worse after this pandemic is over and people are allowed back in
I actually think it will be the opposite at first. People have been starved of any kind of entertainment, be it sports, concerts, theatre, restaurants. I think there will be a huge push in all levels everywhere, similar to when Rogers first opened. And then, after a while, with the checking of the bank accounts, the availability of other options, and the realization that it is the same old shit with the same old problems, THEN, there will be the dropoff.

Reactions: Anarchism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad