Spider-Man - Released - PS4

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this game yet, it looks good. If it's open world I think it has potential, Spiderman 3 was actually a pretty good game.

Or is it only coming out for the ps4? That's dumb.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this game yet, it looks good. If it's open world I think it has potential, Spiderman 3 was actually a pretty good game.

Or is it only coming out for the ps4? That's dumb.

I believe Sony still owns the rights to Spider-Man (?) so I'm guessing they made a ps4 exclusive game

DyerMaker66*

I loved the first two Spider-Man games for Playstation.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Very smart. I'd love for another successful and actually good super hero series. Arkham killed it, hoping Spiderman will do the same

No doubt. The Batman games are just so good I would love to see the same treatment for other super hero games. Would kill for a Superman one. And a Captain America one in WWII, and the Flash, and Green Lantern, and Iron Man, and really all of them. Honestly don't think I could get sick of the Arkham games or any well done superhero game. The characters, long rich stories and powers they all have are just there for the picking and ripe for a video game to have fun with.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
That sucks that the first good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 in 2004 is only for Playstation.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Looks cool, but superheroes really aren't my thing. The Batman Arkham series was good, but I didn't love it the way most people do.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Apparently Marvel approached SCE to do the game (as an exclusive). Which is sort of odd at face value, but not that odd if Sony (when negotiating for Spider-Man to enter the MCU) specifically said that if they were going to do this, then they would be allowed first chance to pitch an (exclusive) Spider-Man video game.

I think it looks great but I am concerned how much agency the player will have in action scenarios. It seems really linear.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The bit they showed at E3 with Electro had me worried: it really felt like a flashier Arkham and not much else.

Then we saw the open-world in action and all was fine. Really looking forward to this.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
TBH I kinda feel less hyped after seeing the E3 footage.

Nothing about it looks bad.....its just not exciting me like I hoped it would.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
What I would love is the type of freedom of movement that Insomniac has in Sunset Overdrive, just with webs.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
images

Released September 2005

:teach2:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
There's been a bunch of good spiderman games. I can't think of a bad one I've played. I haven't playing the amazing spiderman games but first one has relatively high score and the second one is floating in the 50s

Reactions: Kelly

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Reviews are out. Currently, has an 87 score on Metacritic.

General consensus seems to be that the main story, characters and gameplay are terrifc while the side quests and open world design could've been better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad