Spider-Man - Released - PS4

Sep 19, 2008
The trailer they played during the football game yesterday was insane. Spidey was fighting someone and he just gets thrown off a skyscraper and gets clobbered by a whole lot of villains like Rhino and Scorpion and he fights his way back.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Watching some reviews, this game looks like Arkham Spider with more interesting combat.

Colour me intrigued.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Such a great game so far, looks amazing and just fun as hell.

Only thing I find weird although it’s fun to do is how Spidey can just launch a guy off a skyscraper and you can watch him fall to his for sure death. Not exactly his style but fun.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Such a great game so far, looks amazing and just fun as hell.

Only thing I find weird although it’s fun to do is how Spidey can just launch a guy off a skyscraper and you can watch him fall to his for sure death. Not exactly his style but fun.
Doesnt each guy get automatically webbed to a building? They actually fall all the way down?

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Not sure about that but have certainly watched a few go flying off all the way down from the top of a skyscraper so if they got webbed it would be like 1m off the ground ha

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Still trying to really get the hang of combat. My myscle memory is still trying to play Arkham, and whole the combat is similar, it’s different enough that it has to be relearned.

Also seems like combat will get smoother as you unlock more combat skills.

I love it though. It seems like it’s exactly what I wanted. If we get the classic black suit as DLC it will be perfect.

I can totally see a way to integrate it into the story as well. In the Black Cat DLC have her make Spidey an all black costume but with the white spider from the advance suit...so it’s basically the exact black symbiote suit everybody loves, but it has no actual reference to the symbiote or Venom....leaving all that material for the hopeful/inevitable sequel.

I love how Spider-Man works with the cops so cooperatively. It reminds me of the Adam West Batman series. There is a campiness to the game that I am liking so far.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
r/gaming is basically SpiderMan 4 pics and it's glorious.

Was lukewarm at first but will eventually buy it. Got so many games to play RN though. :cry:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
This game is beyond fun.

I'm usually all story and dislike sidetracking, but I constantly get sidetracked doing other stuff and actually have fun doing it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Watching some reviews, this game looks like Arkham Spider with more interesting combat.

Colour me intrigued.

Turns out combat is actually quite a bit different from Arkham's. It has a lot more emphasis on mobility (obviously since Spider-Man): it looks and functions similarly to Arkham but it feels completely different. The game is surprinsigly hard at first!

Reactions: Pilky01

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Turns out combat is actually quite a bit different from Arkham's. It has a lot more emphasis on mobility (obviously since Spider-Man): it looks and functions similarly to Arkham but it feels completely different. The game is surprinsigly hard at first!

More mobile than Batman?

For a 300 pound body builder, Bats could MOVE. :laugh:

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I am obsessed with photo mode. I've probably spent at least half my time in the game so far trying to take cool photos. :laugh:

c0KyGpG.jpg

zvWp8gM.jpg

5NvFnEV.jpg

6Qs3rwZ.jpg

CFweRhH.jpg

wZfvdO5.jpg

YFrW2Nr.jpg

wAaydFr.jpg

wDrlPBG.jpg

jyRyg5M.jpg

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
More mobile than Batman?

For a 300 pound body builder, Bats could MOVE. :laugh:

Spidey can't take hits as well as Bats, dodging is super duper important in this game (and enemies are far more aggressive than in Arkham games). I must be getting close to the end of the second act and enemies hit insanely hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->