Movies: Spider Man - Into the Spider Verse (Dec 2018)

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It was really good but also I think I may have let the positive buzz get my expectations out of whack.

Well done, Sony, even if your previews for new movies were flat out garbage.

Everyone else saw the hardcore Christian trailer, right? Also that one about the dog appeared to show us the literal end of the movie.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Saw it the other week, and I really want to go back and re-watch it.

I absolutely hated Sunflower when I initially heard it, but after watching the movie, the song grew on me. :laugh:

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Loved it, it's up there with Thor Ragnarok for me
the visuals, the voice acting and the story were perfect... also I found it very funny
can't wait until the blu ray is out
...hopefully they make a sequel with the same main characters

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Sony makes the stupidest movie I've seen in years in Venom and then they make the greatest Spider-Man film. wut

Reactions: Hypernova

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Loved it, it's up there with Thor Ragnarok for me
the visuals, the voice acting and the story were perfect... also I found it very funny
can't wait until the blu ray is out
...hopefully they make a sequel with the same main characters

Pretty sure there are already talks of a Spider-Gwen movie.

Reactions: NinjaKick

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The only thing I didn’t like about it and it’s minor is that not watching it in 3-d the backgrounds were fuzzy and not clear. Idk if that was the art style but that’s what I noticed

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
The only thing I didn’t like about it and it’s minor is that not watching it in 3-d the backgrounds were fuzzy and not clear. Idk if that was the art style but that’s what I noticed

Me too...

Fantastic film

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, it was definitely made in 3D, and the filmmakers converted it back to 2D for some theatres. That is why it is fuzzy in the background in some scenes. Luckily, the unclear parts are only mainly concentrated in the beginning, so it does not ruin the overall experience.

That said, I would still recommend people to shell out the extra money to see it in 3D. It is worth it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
After seeing Brian Bendis’s name in the opening credits was the sign that this was going to be a great movie and it was. It’s too bad DC swooped him up because his storylines are so original and creative.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The fuzzy background wasn't a 3D transition thing, it was an effect meant to mimic the early comics and their layering system that saw primary colors bleed when they weren't quite aligned in layering.

I finally saw this Monday and oh man, this was a phenomenal movie. I don't see how it doesn't win Best Animated Picture on Sunday.

Yup and with an outside shot for black panther to win the best picture you could have a major legitimization of superhero movies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The fuzzy background wasn't a 3D transition thing, it was an effect meant to mimic the early comics and their layering system that saw primary colors bleed when they weren't quite aligned in layering.

Yeah that was my take on the weirdly 'fuzzy' looking backgrounds.

I wonder if older fans picked up on that while younger fans assumed it was a 3D thing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Just watched it and man was it all over the place. Way too hectic at times, the style went from irritating to awesome (not a fan of imitating early comic book style and the blur/red made it even more irritating due to my slight red/green colorblindness), the humor was cringy to bonkers ("Is he allowed to say that? Legally?"). Great voice acting overall and the story was good as well. Not the best Spider-Man film for me and as animation film, I enjoyed Ralph Break The Internet more. Still, 8½ or 9-/10,

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Is that a coffee shop or a disco?

With great ability comes great accountability.

What would I do if I were me.

Oh you know her . Very cool.

I am so happy that the Clone High people made a freaking Spider-Man movie!

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I’m way to late to this but just watched this morning and it was fantastic. Loved every part of it really. Might be my favorite Spider-Man movie of all time.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I’m way to late to this but just watched this morning and it was fantastic. Loved every part of it really. Might be my favorite Spider-Man movie of all time.

I watched it like the day it went on Netflix, and I loved it as well.

I would agree with it being my favorite Spider-Man movie. However... I also find it tough to compare to live action movies. They're just different. But yeah, fantastic movie.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

I would agree with it being my favorite Spider-Man movie. However... I also find it tough to compare to live action movies. They're just different. But yeah, fantastic movie.

If you're going animated Spiderman, I may go with Spiderman 1994s episodes 59-63 grouped together as a movie. Get a 2 part episode with Hydroman, then all of a sudden Madame Web takes Spidey for a challenge and boom - Secret Wars.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Yeah, pretty hard to compare. I just felt like I had fun with this one through the entire thing.

When the other spider people were introduced I couldn’t help but think of how cool of an idea this would be with Tom Holland and the MCU. I know it’ll likely never happen but the idea of a spider team movie is juicy imo. Could even have a universe where Tony Stark is Spider-Man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->