Movies: Spider Man - Into the Spider Verse (Dec 2018)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Looks interesting but that Peter Parker VA is so bad.

:laugh: Jake Johnson? I love him. It's unconfirmed but in the original trailer, when Parker goes "hey kid... whoa you're like me" it sounds soooo similar to John Krasinski. There were rumours he was involved. I think if he is, he's another Peter Parker (the "original"/"perfect" one) and he dies saving Miles from Prowler or something.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
looks really interesting

after the train tease in the trailer I really want Tobey Maguire to have a cameo as another Spiderman

Reactions: irunthepeg

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
:laugh: Jake Johnson? I love him. It's unconfirmed but in the original trailer, when Parker goes "hey kid... whoa you're like me" it sounds soooo similar to John Krasinski. There were rumours he was involved. I think if he is, he's another Peter Parker (the "original"/"perfect" one) and he dies saving Miles from Prowler or something.
He sounds like he'd make a great "lazy fat guy" type, but a superhero? Nah.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
He sounds like he'd make a great "lazy fat guy" type, but a superhero? Nah.

I think that's exactly the point of why he's that Spider-Man. He's the lazy fat guy Spider-Man who probably doesn't have much of responsibility. And we'll watch him grow into that. I assume.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
It’s really good, took the little man to go see it last night.
Funny, good story, heart warming family kind of movie. But with good action and the art style was really cool like watching a comic book come to life. One of those something for everyone movies from kids to adults.

Explains the idea of multiple Spider-Mans so even people with stupid opinions like sdf can understand it.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
This looks fun.

Doubt I will see it in theatres, but looks like a fun movie.

I would actually recommend it in theatre. Visual style and sound are awesome on a big screen that I think wouldn’t be as great on a TV.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Funny, good story, heart warming family kind of movie. But with good action and the art style was really cool like watching a comic book come to life. One of those something for everyone movies from kids to adults.

Explains the idea of multiple Spider-Mans so even people with stupid opinions like sdf can understand it.

How little? I have a 3 year old daughter that loves Spidey and we see almost every animated movie in theaters but am a little apprehensive on this on.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
How little? I have a 3 year old daughter that loves Spidey and we see almost every animated movie in theaters but am a little apprehensive on this on.

Nothing too bad, there’s a couple jump kind of scares, Prowler could be a bit creepy to a kid maybe or the radioactive spider is pretty real looking. Couple puberty jokes but way over any kids head I would think.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don

Well the trailer for me look more annoing and Pejorative Slured than something funny and cool but ok, like you said... and i am absolutely not against this idea, I like it, because in this way we can see a black captain America or someone else ... who could be black, that's cool!

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Well the trailer for me look more annoing and ******ed than something funny and cool but ok, like you said... and i am absolutely not against this idea, I like it, because in this way we can see a black captain America or someone else ... who could be black, that's cool!

rs_1024x759-140717041204-1024-captainamerica-samwilson-jc.jpg

Enjoy!

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Saw it a few hours ago. It was awesome. It's my favorite Spider-Man movie and as far as superhero films go, I actually enjoyed it more than Infinity War. I don't see movies in theaters multiple times, but I could go for a 2nd round on this one. I was in tears laughing at some of the parts and there were soooooo many easter eggs and the end credits scene also had me rolling. I really hope it does well and we get more.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I was this last night as well. I was blown away. Personally, this movie came about as close to perfect for me as I could ask for. Filled with humour while still maintaining the serious tone when required. The score whenever Prowler was on screen was amazing and felt so intense. Visually, it was just jaw-dropping. Miles and Peter had really strong chemistry and a lot of character development. I tried to gush about this movie to my friends/family after seeing it because I enjoyed it so much - but they've kinda written it off because it is animated and they assume its a kids movie.

Really glad I saw this one in theater.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Saw it a few hours ago. It was awesome. It's my favorite Spider-Man movie and as far as superhero films go, I actually enjoyed it more than Infinity War. I don't see movies in theaters multiple times, but I could go for a 2nd round on this one. I was in tears laughing at some of the parts and there were soooooo many easter eggs and the end credits scene also had me rolling. I really hope it does well and we get more.
You don't hire Oscar Isaac for an after credits without strong plans for a sequel. I'm sure we'll get more.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Pretty sure they already said even before this one came out that more are coming starting with SpiderGwen.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I saw this tonight and absolutely loved it! So good on so many levels. The visuals were top notch. I’ll agree with the above poster who mentioned going to it again.

Well done, Sony, even if your previews for new movies were flat out garbage.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Saw this last night. Even knowing the reviews were so good going in, this film was shockingly good. They nailed absolutely everything. Just a fantastically told Spider-Man story. Incredible animation, incredible music, voice acting great. Really funny.

Has to be one of the best animated movies I’ve ever seen. And definitely one of my favourite comic book movies. If you’ve got a kid who is into Spider-Man you’ve got to take them to this.

It blew me away lol.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I saw this tonight and absolutely loved it! So good on so many levels. The visuals were top notch. I’ll agree with the above poster who mentioned going to it again.

Well done, Sony, even if your previews for new movies were flat out garbage.

I forgot about this, but yes. What the hell were with the previews lol? I thought maybe it was just my theatre. A couple of those films looked like they were pulled from the cutting room floor of Lifetime network.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I forgot about this, but yes. What the hell were with the previews lol? I thought maybe it was just my theatre. A couple of those films looked like they were pulled from the cutting room floor of Lifetime network.

That’s probably the sad state of movies that Sony has in the can at the moment.

I thought the post credit scene was pretty annoying, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad