Sportsnet: Spezza will not be bought out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
0e3.png

Reactions: Crocoduck

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I think he could have a good comeback year next season. I didn’t think the Stars were going to buyout his contract or trade him.

New coach with a new style of game will be good as well as I’m sure he’ll want to play at least 2 more seasons after next year. Not worried about money but will want to keep teams open to having interest in him come next offseason.

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
I am by no means a Dallas fan, but I think the guy had one bad year. He's got one year left, let him play it out and hope he re-find his game. He can still be a good 3rd line guy at worst.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Sounds like Montgomery and Spezza have had some good conversations already. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a better year.

RussianSpy

Oct 3, 2017
Chicago, IL
No surprise here; I think Spezza still has a really quality season or two in him.
I think last year was mostly a clashing in style with Hitchcock.

Nothing to lose keeping him for the last year.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
And this is a surprise to absolutely no one who actually follows the Stars. He had a down year but the entire team struggled to score under Hitch outside of our elite players. He was a 50-60 point 2C for us up until we got a coach that everyone knew would clash with Spezza. We have to cap space so the only logical move is to let it play out and hope he bounces back any amount

Hopefully this kills the talk of Dallas having to pay a team to take Spezzas contract

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If this doesn’t mean they’re trading him, I like it. Put him in a position to succeed (maybe pair him with Benn?) and let him score 45-50 points. None of this 4th line afterthought crap.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Glad. Even if he sucks again I’d rather just scratch him and save the cap for next year. This year we’ll have enough space to pick up a top six winger without any buyouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad