Spezza still getting no respect

Madskillz65

Nov 17, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Who cares what some random NHL.com writer things about fantasy rankings? Last I checked the Sens are in the business of winning hockey games, not helping out in you're roto pick'em.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
This isn't about top players in the NHL. This is about fantasy points. James Neal is above Pavel Datsyuk because he is expected to get alot of points playing with Crosby or Malkin.

There would be alot more wrong with that, otherwise than just having Spezza at 21. Datsyuk?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's not just this writer though -- it's everywhere. I was just using this article as the most recent example of Spezza getting 'disrespected'.

The guy is a legit top 10 centre (possibly forward) in the league but he's never ever treated that way (even by his own fanbase).

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Thats fine. I can't speak for many other lists, but I see alot of elite players getting disrespected here, in favor of Scotty Hartnell playing with Claude Giroux.

But seriously who cares what media thinks?

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It's not just this writer though -- it's everywhere. I was just using this article as the most recent example of Spezza getting 'disrespected'.

The guy is a legit top 10 centre (possibly forward) in the league but he's never ever treated that way (even by his own fanbase).

Ottawa Player's tend to get little love or respect imo especially Spezza....EK is right there as well, case in point the backlash from EK winning the Norris, if EK played in a southern market the NHL would be pumping his tires to no end and i imagine alot more non sens fans would love the guy!

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Boo-hoo.

Karlsson also gets disrespected by some Sens fans. Some would even slot Silfverberg ahead of him in line for the captaincy.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

So you're taking something completely out of context, and that doesn't actually agree with what you were inferring, to try and prove some kind of point that has nothing to do with the topic?

Welcome to the internet.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
From a fantasy perspective, Ottawa's usually been a pretty terrible bet.
So that's understandable.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
So you're taking something completely out of context, and that doesn't actually agree with what you were inferring, to try and prove some kind of point that has nothing to do with the topic?

Welcome to the internet.

No, but I missed you, too, CPM.

Or perhaps you aren't familiar with how a "line" works?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
From a fantasy perspective, Ottawa's usually been a pretty terrible bet.
So that's understandable.
Depends on the player and how deep your league is really.

For example, Karlsson last season was probably one of, if not the most valuable players in fantasy last year because of the amount of points he got while taking up a defenseman slot, when compared to the next best option.

Spezza was also great, especially if your league had a faceoffs won stat category (more than any other player in the league), this because he's so often ignored and you can pick him up in the middle rounds.

It just depends on the situation, like most players in fantasy leagues.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I, quite literally, could not possibly care any less about what anyone in the media thinks about any of our players, management, team, etc.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

The sens probably have one of the best young group of players in the NHL and is an up and coming team. Alot of people seem to also forget all of the prospects you guys have. Spezza has fallen off the map since the 2010-11 season and even after the great year he put up last year I doubt he'll ever be regarded as one of the best forwards in the game. Not even a sens fan btw.

SNAPshot

Jul 18, 2006
OTTAWA
Something else to consider, is that not only are these fantasy rankings, but centermen are easier to obtain in a pool, meaning that some of the wingers on that list will jump ahead.

There's a drop off in quality wingers when picking for a pool, where as depending on the depth of the pool, there are usually a few quality centermen left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad