Spezza out with groin injury

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm just reporting what Yost said. I think it's a good discussion. Not sure I really believe it, but it's certainly an interesting approach to this injury.

It's not really a discussion if what we're discussing is pure speculation. Actually, I'd call it a load of BS.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm just reporting what Yost said. I think it's a good discussion. Not sure I really believe it, but it's certainly an interesting approach to this injury.

Yeah, I wasn't criticizing you at all. It just seems that it's a fairly popular way of creating articles on that site.

"There is a popular opinion about something, and therefore I will propose/ speculate that this popular opinion is true"

I'm just saying: it isn't exactly pullitzer-prize-winning investigation/ journalism going on over there. Not that I would expect that from most sports journalism, but it's particularly epidemic around those parts.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I heard that Spezza doesnt actually have a bad back. He was diagnosed with the black plague

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Who's played better with Ryan so far? Spezza or Da Costa? Maybe seeing what Da Costa can do with Ryan is a good thing. I remember Anaheim posters saying Ryan has to be the "Guy" on his line most the time.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I heard that Spezza is actually a women, was experiencing morning sickness in preseason and got a home pregnancy kit.

Well it tested positive, the team let him off for the pre season but pushed Spezza into playing the first 2 games but after a doctors appointment and an ultra sound he is being give time off.

Now don't quote me on this but I do have sources close to an apparent doctor who may or may not be able to confirm this info.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yost is becoming more and more of a hack. Why is it so hard to have decent media coverage of the Sens?

Anyway...he hasn't missed any games yet. What is more concerning to me is hearing that they're going to give Kassian a shot again over Da Costa. So stupid. It's the same thing every year -- a few talented players get bottom feeder minutes or don't get to play at all in place of some plug. We're going to end up losing Da Costa without ever giving him a chance.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
On the Team 1200 today -

-Spezza says it's ok, MacLean says they might have to shut it down until it is 100%
-Pierre McGuire says - do it now, don't fool around with groin injuries.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sounds like Spezza is trying hard to play. I'm guessing that he wants to play because of the captaincy and he wants to be there for his team whether he's 100% or not.

I say sit out and heal up. It's great to see he's willing to play through injury and still be effective, but I'd rather Spezza gets back to 100% while we give Da Costa a look.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
If the only way it'll heal is to shut it down, do it now. They can afford to have him miss 4 road games against the West. This is why they have Da Costa with them.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
On the Team 1200 today -

-Spezza says it's ok, MacLean says they might have to shut it down until it is 100%
-Pierre McGuire says - do it now, don't fool around with groin injuries.

Ya he should sit until 100%.

It is so easy to pull it again, and it's not really an injury that you can play through. You feel it in every stride.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Well i guess DaCosta is going to be our #1 Center, LMFAO, as soon as the Turris line comes up LA is gonna match there top pairs agains them, but on the bright side it makes the game easier for Milo and Ryan, God i love having two effective scoring lines.

Edit

I honestly think Pageau should play with Ryan and Milo

Last edited:

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Interesting fact - Spezza was originally offered the role of Mr. Glass in "Unbreakable" ultimately played by Samuel L. Jackson.

The casting director was quoted as saying "It's really quite amazing, he doesn't even seem to be acting in the role of a man plagued by injuries due to his extreme frailty"

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Interesting fact - Havlat was originally offered the role of Mr. Glass in "Unbreakable" ultimately played by Samuel L. Jackson.

The casting director was quoted as saying "It's really quite amazing, he doesn't even seem to be acting in the role of a man plagued by injuries due to his extreme frailty"

ftfy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How is anyone surprised by this?

This is Spezza, he very rarely plays a full season (2011-2012 might be the only one even!)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yost is becoming more and more of a hack. Why is it so hard to have decent media coverage of the Sens?

Anyway...he hasn't missed any games yet. What is more concerning to me is hearing that they're going to give Kassian a shot again over Da Costa. So stupid. It's the same thing every year -- a few talented players get bottom feeder minutes or don't get to play at all in place of some plug. We're going to end up losing Da Costa without ever giving him a chance.

They are playing the kings its the right decision, the difference for the sens winning the game is not based on its 12th forward. Its based on its goaltending top d pair and first line. One game they were good for the most part and the sens won, one game they were bad they lost.

I am honestly just starting to think about a plan B around Spezza. Doesn't seem to matter how much time he takes off the injures something else or re injures his former injury. Incredible talent but the writing is on the wall, big player lots of hockey bad injury history.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Shame, Turris was doing so well. Hopefully he can still produce against top pairings and shutdown lines.

Good thing is we get to see if da costa has the chomps to play in the big leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad