Spezza out with groin injury

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
These threads are what happen when we play two games in a row and then have a 4-day break before the third game. Not to mention we'll have three more days to wait before they play the 4th one. I can only imagine what this board will become if we lose on wednesday. :help:

We're not going to lose on Wednesday. So there. :p:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Expectations are sky high for this team.

Last season was a curse in disguise.

Expecations were going to rise either way. Murray can't hide behind his rebuild/prospects vat of Kool Aid forever. At some point the kids need to put the manpants on and perform in the post-season. Murray just made sure that was THIS year by trading for Bobby Ryan instead of graduating more prospects. This team has shown it can make the second round (finally!) now it's time for more.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Expecations were going to rise either way. Murray can't hide behind his rebuild/prospects vat of Kool Aid forever. At some point the kids need to put the manpants on and perform in the post-season. Murray just made sure that was THIS year by trading for Bobby Ryan instead of graduating more prospects. This team has shown it can make the second round (finally!) now it's time for more.

I agree with this.

However, my expectations are over the balance of a season, or a half-season, or at least a ten game sample. ;)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Expectations are sky high for this team.

Last season was a curse in disguise.

Hmmm, that's probably true but people have to come back to earth a bit, Sens will have to fight to make the playoffs. We're not a top contender yet.

Of course, we're going to be disappointed if we don't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. As long as we get there or more, I'll be happy and call it a success

Next season IMO is where we should start to be a real contender. So many things will happen until then

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Shawn McKenzie ‏@ShawnMcKenzie89 4m
Spezza says his groin feels good and has been gradually improving. Says it's not perfect but getting better.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If anyone has tweaked their groin before they know how long it can bother you for. It doesnt have to be a crippling injury, but it hurts like a ***** whenever u move lower body in certain ways and it can easily get worse if strained before its healed.

He's not missing games, just practices. Which leads me to believe that they're just playing it safe, and im fine with that.

Milan the God*

Spezza says he'll play tomorrow, but Mac says he's gonna sit down with the trainers tomorrow morning and decide.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 19m
MacLean says at "some point or another" they have to get the groin to 100 percent. Doesn't want an issue all season #Sens

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 19m
MacLean says at "some point or another" they have to get the groin to 100 percent. Doesn't want an issue all season #Sens

Translation of what Stache is really saying:

Spezza is a wuss. If he's going to complain about it and skip practices to nurse every little bobo then maybe he should sit out until he feels fit to rejoin the team for good.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It seems the only way Da Costa will slot in is if Spezza has to sit to "rest his groin" since Kassian was the one participating in line rushes today. MacLean apparently doesn't care about offense this season.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Back, groin, leg. Starting to think the guy just has really poor conditioning.

Milan the God*

Travis Yost speculating if maybe it's his back and the team is calling it groin so it doesn't get out.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I have no problem with him being out 20-30 games. I want Turris to play against top units again for a solid period of time this season. We have to start thinking about the future here. If Spezza gets injured again, Turris will step in his role again and it won't be the first time. Not a bad idea to start grooming him for that role.

Turris
Zibanejad
Pageau

Down the middle isn't bad if Turris proves he can take it, and we can probably get something in return for Spez eventually. This isn't an overreaction, this is me thinking long term.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Travis Yost speculating if maybe it's his back and the team is calling it groin so it doesn't get out.

That sounds like a very "Hockeybuzz" thing to do... it's like a formula that they are required to follow:

(Player) + (past incident) - (any facts whatsoever) = "Speculation".

BAM... instant article. Page hits, please!

Milan the God*

That sounds like a very "Hockeybuzz" thing to do... it's like a formula that they are required to follow:

(Player) + (past incident) - (any facts whatsoever) = "Speculation".

BAM... instant article. Page hits, please!

I'm just reporting what Yost said. I think it's a good discussion. Not sure I really believe it, but it's certainly an interesting approach to this injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad