Spezza out with groin injury

WhiteLight*

Just sit him out until he heals. Don't play him hurt, it's pointless

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Why didn't Alfredsson get threads for maintenance days?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I love Spezza but this is getting really tiresome. Start of the year and he already is being nagged by a groin injury that he has been resting for past week and a half/ 2 weeks?

I'll let this go but if he has another injury soon afterwards... then I've had enough.

Cause Alfredsson was nearing 40 not the prime of his career just turning 30.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

The absentee captain shtick was starting to wear thin with some fans as early 2-3 years ago but imagine anyone posting anything negative about saint Alfredsson the face of the franchise and Sens for life.

For me it's far more serious. The captain and 1st line centre needs to be practicing with his line mates to start the year especially when he has a new winger who needs to adjust to his playing style. Least he could do is be on the ice even if its only to talk things over and do light drills with Ryan. He didn't have to do the hard drills. He could take the hot bubble bath and free massage on his own time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sounds more to me like the medical staff and trainers need to come up with a better program for Spezza.

Unless these maintenance days are part of a current program, of course. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I don't get that..

Well, aside from having a cheap owner who wants to save money.

Da Costa played more shifts with Ryan and MM and looked pretty solid doing so. Like Ducks fans said before, Ryan kinda needs to be "the guy" on his line. Maybe playing with Da Costa will help that.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Really? Because Alfredsson didn't play a full season once in his entire career outside of his rookie season. Whether he was 25 or 40.

Not playing a full season and playing 55 games is very different.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not playing a full season and playing 55 games is very different.

Outside of his rookie season Spezza has only played less than 60 games once. That was last year.

Alfredsson played less than 60 games 4 times in his career, including 3 times in his "prime". Alfredsson missed time much more consistently than Spezza ever has.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Outside of his rookie season Spezza has only played less than 60 games once. That was last year.

Alfredsson played less than 60 games 4 times in his career, including 3 times in his "prime". Alfredsson missed time much more consistently than Spezza ever has.

You think those hindered stats are going to fool a Sens fan? He played under 63 games twice as well.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
THe guy missed a practice. If a player stubs their toe really bad while taking a 3am whiz they sit out practice.

Who cares

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You think those hindered stats are going to fool a Sens fan? He played under 63 games twice as well.

Look at what you said before. The point is that Alfredsson was more injury prone than Spezza is but you never heard people complaining about that.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't get that..

Well, aside from having a cheap owner who wants to save money.

Good read on the situation! :thumbu:

Keep on

Keeping SDC over Z is not an issue about money, but about how they played.

And waivers situation. If someone stole Zbad's spot, it's Pageau.

Cause Alfredsson was nearing 40 not the prime of his career just turning 30.

However Alfie was more "injury prone" than Spezza when he was younger, but I don't expect all the fans to know or remember that, it's been a while. Most fans on this board probably weren't following the team as they are today

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
These threads are what happen when we play two games in a row and then have a 4-day break before the third game. Not to mention we'll have three more days to wait before they play the 4th one. I can only imagine what this board will become if we lose on wednesday. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad