Spezza needs a winger and fast

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
BYw0zpRCMAAxHDn.png:large

Ah yes, Spezza's career vs. a 16 game sample size in which he hasn't played any consistent time with any linemates, has just come back from injury/may still be injured and the team's defence has been extremely disjointed.

Clearly you have a strong grasp on this stuff. Tell me more.

WhiteLight*

LOL Cokumi

The other players in that graph haven't had consistent linemates either. They've all had a ''disjointed defense''.

Just pure gold you're putting out there. Spezza has been the disjointed defense. Blames everyone BUT Spezza.

What's also pure gold is that every single game you come out and defend Spezza, and say that he played well. Are you finally admitting the results haven't been there. **** me I never thought I'd see the day. Picking on Karlsson's GA stats but completely ignoring Spezza's.

At least now you acknowledge it; you're just making up BS excuses now. Gotta work on that

WhiteLight*

Like the graph shows how players perform without Spezza. They are better without Spezza. Yet Cukomi comes in and still blames other players for Spezza's bad play. wtf. I've never seen such bias, truly astounding

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
The real issue is that both of you are biased to the opposite end of the Spezza argumment :nod:

On topic: Stone is back and isn't doing too bad to start. And then both Pageau and Hoffman are tearing it up in B-Town. I'd personally like to see any of them play with Spezza and see how that goes. I also don't mind the Michalek-Spezza-ZBad line. They seemed to be pretty effective last game and Z-Bad is getting better with each shift he was with them. Developing chemistry maybe?

Last edited:

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Like the graph shows how players perform without Spezza. They are better without Spezza. Yet Cukomi comes in and still blames other players for Spezza's bad play. wtf. I've never seen such bias, truly astounding

Spezza is SO BAD that we will never be able to trade him with his 7M contract and NTC. Not even for a bag of pucks.
Why can't you see that and keep throwing those Trade Spezza proposals? Get real and learn to live with that.

WhiteLight*

The real issue is that both of you are biased to the opposite end of the Spezza argumment :nod:

Possibly.

The difference is no player is immune to my wrath (lol). I'm the biggest Karlsson fanboy but I will easily admit that's he's been brutal defensively this year and has made it too easy on the opposition in his own end. It needs to be fixed.

I've slammed Phillips, Greening, Neil extensively. Michalek, Wiercioch and Gryba have also not been good.

I don't have a bias against Spezza. He's a good guy. I just call it like I see it.

It's frustrating that he gets a pass for his brutal defensive play because he's a ppg centre. ''Legit ppg #1 centres are so rare! Stop slamming him we are lucky to have him! He can do no wrong!'' is :facepalm:

mattsens

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Possibly.

The difference is no player is immune to my wrath (lol). I'm the biggest Karlsson fanboy but I will easily admit that's he's been brutal defensively this year and has made it too easy on the opposition in his own end. It needs to be fixed.

I've slammed Phillips, Greening, Neil extensively. Michalek, Wiercioch and Gryba have also not been good.

I don't have a bias against Spezza. He's a good guy. I just call it like I see it.

It's frustrating that he gets a pass for his brutal defensively because he's a ppg centre. ''Legit ppg #1 centres are so rare! Stop slamming him we are lucky to have him! He can do no wrong!'' is facepalm:

Well, I personally agree with you about his defensive play. And I really do hope that gets better but at the same time, he's a decent PKer and he's definitely an offensive threat. Hopefully he works on his flaws like he is reportedly doing (though I'm sure he has tried before). For now, we just take the good with the bad. Whether he's more of an asset or more of a liability differs between each person it seems. Sometimes I think if he just took out the BLIND PASSES, that alone would make him look so much better (not saying that's his only issue)

WhiteLight*

Well, I personally agree with you about his defensive play. And I really do hope that gets better but at the same time, he's a decent PKer and he's definitely an offensive threat. Hopefully he works on his flaws like he is reportedly doing (though I'm sure he has tried before). For now, we just take the good with the bad. Whether he's more of an asset or more of a liability differs between each person it seems. Sometimes I think if he just took out the BLIND PASSES, that alone would make him look so much better (not saying that's his only issue)

Generally, I'm not a fan of Spezza's PKing. But I will say, he was good on the PK last game. Good job. lol

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Spezza needs to get in shape...fast.

I am a Spezza fan but he has zero acceleration right now (groin) and is soft on the boards (back).

That's all there is to it. He can't get out of his end because he is just not healthy enough to be the player he can be.

I think the Ottawa Sun article is a load of crap, Spezza calling Turris the "scoring" line and adjusting to defense blah blah blah. He has no wingers to distribute the puck to and MM is also too slow to be effective anymore. He is supposed to be the scoring line and to pass the torch to Turris shows a resignation to his fate as being done for the year. Done in trying to be Jason Spezza the star player. Oh, he'll play alright, but don't expect much from him this year.

Too bad because I love Spezz but anyone watching him skate Saturday, and Michalek as well, knows that these two simply can't keep up.

BlazingRoy

Cacaw
Dec 8, 2010
The whole team began the year as a giant turd, now parts of that turd are becoming gold. Spezza is still a turd, part of Karlsson is also a turd and Michalek for the most part is a massive turd. Give it time soon we shall finally be a giant golden turd again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad