Spengler cup interest in the KHL?

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
Is there a general interest amongst KHL fans for how CSKA Moscow does this year and how the teams do in general, or is it only followed by the fans of the invited team?

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
I watched Team Canada against Vitkovice on eurosport.
Sprengler cup and WC are the only hockey games on german television.

but i think that just a small audience in germany saw the game. it´s the second chrismas day and the game was in prime time. there were a lot of good movies on other channels.

seeep

Mar 13, 2011
imho audience isn't big, but it's always pretty nice to watch Spengler Cup and WJC before New Year :)

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
It depends on a KHL team. CSKA is a good choice this year, for better or worse, they're making a lot of media buzz lately. And this tournament may attract as much interst as regular season CSKA games. Having it on Eurosport somewhat helps too.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Level of play at that tournament is atrocious. I was bored to death during CSKA vs Rochester match. Just another exhibition tournament.

I'm pretty pissed, CSKA should think about its standing in the KHL not how to skii in the Alps.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Level of play at that tournament is atrocious. I was bored to death during CSKA vs Rochester match. Just another exhibition tournament.

I'm pretty pissed, CSKA should think about its standing in the KHL not how to skii in the Alps.

it's all good, a chance for less important players to get some pt....one thing that surprised me is that Radulov's line was on so much....is it that important to beat Rochester?

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
it's all good, a chance for less important players to get some pt....one thing that surprised me is that Radulov's line was on so much....is it that important to beat Rochester?

Only for HFBoards. ;)

I disagree that some less imp. players get chances through this kind of tournaments. Game was so exhibition like that it was a joke.

Radulov should not play in this kind of exhibitions, he's the only one why we're still in the playoff zone in KHL, I don't wanna think what will happen if someone "too eager to prove himself" injures him.

We should think of our standing in the regular season. 7th place is not that far aways and I don't want that we run at SKA or Dynamo Moscow at the first round of playoffs.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Only for HFBoards. ;)

I disagree that some less imp. players get chances through this kind of tournaments. Game was so exhibition like that it was a joke.

Radulov should not play in this kind of exhibitions, he's the only one why we're still in the playoff zone in KHL, I don't wanna think what will happen if someone "too eager to prove himself" injures him.

We should think of our standing in the regular season. 7th place is not that far aways and I don't want that we run at SKA or Dynamo Moscow at the first round of playoffs.

have to beat SKA/Dinamo sooner or later. But what's wrong with having Kamaev, Pereskokov, Ogurtsov and the bottom liners getting some pt and Stana getting back in shape.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
It's a senseless exhibition tournament in the middle of the season (how stupid is that?) that gets pimped to the european and na audience and mostly ignored in russia

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
It's a senseless exhibition tournament in the middle of the season (how stupid is that?) that gets pimped to the european and na audience and mostly ignored in russia

well, how about marketing your league, when many hockey fans in Europe are watching. Someone has to do that, just don't run your stars to win.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
KHL website has 3 lines about their game and it's more about Fedorov return than the game, so I guess that sums up the interest

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Fedorov: "This is a commercial tourney: we can rest some of the players, while I, on the other hand, can play. Less risk for the team."

Nonetheless, fun to watch. Although the attrocious adds on the jersey drive me mad.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
agreed, jerseys are horribad..

the only good thing about the Champions League (RIP) was the great looking Reebok jerseys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad