Spengler Cup discussion ??

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Man, when you get to the bottom of the hole quit shoveling... 25 isn't much farther from the middle of the pack than 23. You portray 23 as the middle and 25 as the bottom.

Ok, i'll play... How many teams in the league had a better defense than the Oil? Compare Dubnyk's numbers when he played lots and was confident in his role to his numbers when he played once or twice every couple weeks.

I'm so not wasting any more time on this... Just foolish.

Again with this? Seems like you keep responding.

I wasn't portraying anything other than that Dubs has down south stats on a bad hockey club. That he isn't rising above that hockey club either. For instance that he's 26th in GA when the club is 23rd isn't exactly stating he's saving the club or anything. Maybe you can figure it out.

Hoogaar23

Apr 13, 2011
I would think it amazing too if he actually was. Thing is you're only counting wins and regular time losses. To get an accurate gauge you should count OTL as well. (Logically speaking at least because the NHL DOES include OTW in the win stats. Seems silly to not count both ways.)

Given that Dubs record over last two years is 32W 33L 11OTL

If you don't count OTL nearly every team or goalie in the league is near .500.

Actually, I do count OTL. I go by % of points - so an OTL is basically a tie (or at least better than a regulation loss).

Dubnyk last year in the 43 games he got a decision on went: 20-20-3. So he captured 43 of a possible 86 points - exactly .500

I don't want to get into a big semantics argument, but surely you will concede that even if not as good as a tie used to be, an OTL is certainly better than a regulation loss.

Khabibulin last year in his 39 decisions was 12-20-7 (including a ridiculous October) - 31 out of a possible 78 points (39.7%)

The previous year, Khabi went 10-32-4. So 24 points of a possible 92 for 26.1%.

Dubnyk went 12-13-8. 32 of a possible 66 points for 48.5%. Total over the last 2 years 75 of 152 - so 49.3%. About as close to 50% as you can get (just wanted to explain how I got my "almost exactly 50%")

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad