Spengler Cup : Canada vs. Magnitogorsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
3-2 Canada after 2.
I dunno who scored, wasn't really paying attention ....

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
A bad game for Nabokov really. :dunno:

BTW this thread should be in the "western europe" or the "world hockey" forum, not in the junior championship one. If a mod comes here maybe it's possible to correct that.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Sykie said:
A bad game for Nabokov really. :dunno:

BTW this thread should be in the "western europe" or the "world hockey" forum, not in the junior championship one. If a mod comes here maybe it's possible to correct that.

This forum is the International Tournaments forum. It usually gets renamed to whichever tournament that is played at the time.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
I have a question about Team Canada...obviously they aren't a real club team like the other teams, but are there restrictions to which players they can name to the team? For instance what was stopping them this year from say, putting Martin Brodeur in net or Ryan Smyth up front? :dunno:

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Riddarn said:
This forum is the International Tournaments forum. It usually gets renamed to whichever tournament that is played at the time.

Ok thanks for the precision. DIdn't knew that.

BTW, it's an empty net for the Team Canada, 5-2.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Sykie said:

This is the International hockey forum, it gets renamed during big events such as the WJC.

Anyway, Canada won 5-2. :mad:

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
kmad said:
Auld outplaying Nabokov is a good sign

Yup, he played well.

He was lucky too, as the russians hit at least 3 or 4 posts in the game. On the other side, Nabokov had 2 bad goals... a bad night for him.

It was the story of the game, because the canadians didn't play better than Magnitogorsk.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
kmad said:
Anyone watch how Gladskikh played for Magnitogorsk? I woke up after the game ended..

No, he was injured at the Karjala Cup in November, and will return in January.

Elias didn't play.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
wilka91 said:
No, he was injured at the Karjala Cup in November, and will return in January.

Elias didn't play.

Yup.

No Elias (and I'm a Devils fan), no Malkin (I was curious to see him), a bad game of Nabokov (this first canadian goal... horrible), the injury of the captain Markov, all these posts....

Horrible. Everything that could go wrong went wrong... pfff....

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
wilka91 said:
We pretty much got used to it. Always the same story. :mad:

No kidding. Between last night's WJ and tonight's game, it's turned into a pretty ****** weekend for Russia. All that's left now is the drinking, night all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad