Rumor: Spencer Foo To Make FA Signing Decision in June (upd 6/27: Agrees to sign with CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeutralFan88

Jun 23, 2017
Looks like he has made his decision.

I will laugh if it is Calgary. I remember them always laughing that we allegedly gave Schultz a spot without earning it.....

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Lmao, as I've said before, he's nothing special, but to sign with the Flames.....

and I actually don't blame him.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Meh, I suspected he'd sign with the Flames as they lack depth at right wing. After landing Caggiula last year and with a number of "fringe" guys like Khaira and Slepyshev signed, I wouldn't have signed here if I was Foo.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not surprising he chose the Flames. Wouldn't have played in EDM right away anyways.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I doubt Cgy guaranteed him a roster spot.

I think it was probably VGK that made that promise.

I do think there is an easier path to NHL employment in Calgary than there is in Edmonton for him and he still gets to be close to family.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Can't say I didn't tell ya guys so. Kid snubbed us for the Lames. :laugh:

This whole Flames getting everyone we're interested in thing is getting annoying.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Wait until Conor skates circles around him a few times and he'll be like, coulda, woulda, shoulda

North

Jun 25, 2009
Can't say I didn't tell ya guys so. Kid snubbed us for the Lames. :laugh:

This whole Flames getting everyone we're interested in thing is getting annoying.

If it amounted to much it would be more annoying.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Not justifying things if we dont get him, but another perspective. Foo shot 18% this year and his two linemates shot 22%. If you look at Foos progression and vechhiones they pretty much show 2 players having really lucky years. Not to mention they played in the ECAC, which IIRC is a weaker conference

Foo:
11goals, 25 points
12 goals, 25 points
26 goals, 62 points

Vecchione
9 goals, 20 points
29 goals, 63 points

This is from Ryan Lambert who says Foo will never play in the NHL. Ryan Lambert is one of biggest NCAA followers out there and pretty in tune with these guys. He was way colder on Vesey then 95% of media was last year (when they were calling him a 25 goal scorer this year) and looks to be pretty accurate. T he was actually really high on Gamberdella and called him best forward FA in NCAA

So Ive actually really cooled on Foo and see him more of a AHL guy then future NHLer. that career path and shooting % scream extremely lucky year. Wouldnt mind getting him, but if we do its not for NHL likely

Eh oil fans I hope this takes sting out

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Hey, there's rumors that the oil are interested in Brooks Laich.

Burke: "Treliving, get on that phone. Anything he ****ing wants!"

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Lmao, as I've said before, he's nothing special, but to sign with the Flames.....

and I actually don't blame him.

I don't blame him either, same reason versteeg signed with them they have way less depth. College FA's are crazy overrated. Vesey about 10 times bigger wasn't anything special last season, we have a tonne of young players he'd have to jump over. Slepyshev, Yamamoto, Drai are better picks to be in our top 9 in the coming years. We picked up players like Shultz, cagguila etc. by having no depth. Now your seeing guys like Foo and Aston Reese keep us to the final few but see depth as an obstacle. And that is a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->