Spencer Abbott

MrMazola

Sep 15, 2008
He's been meh to OK for his rookie term. He'll have to improve noticeably probably be make it or break it for him.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Our roster's probably getting a little too competitive for him. Even as our roster stands now, the only real openings are on the 4th line...and even those are purely due to injuries. Hamilton and Colborne are getting looks because they can fill that 4th line energy role...I just don't see Abbott being able to as effectively.

However, he has shown to be one of the more talented Marlies this year, so he's definitely not without potential. I think he might be able to work his way onto a lesser roster, such as Buffalo or Florida.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
Theres a good chance Bozak and Mac will not return next year, because of contract demands, so Abbott may have a chance next year.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Theres a good chance Bozak and Mac will not return next year, because of contract demands, so Abbott may have a chance next year.

Not a chance. There are plenty of other guys in the AHL and potential UFA signings who will be here if either Mac or Bozak leave.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
He will turn heads during the next training camp. A very gifted playmaker.

This^. I have watched only a couple of Marlies games and he had points in both. I think he needs to add a half a step to succeed at his size but he looks like a player.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
He is my pick to make the leafs out of camp next year, smart player that sees plays a couple passes before. He makes up for his lack of size.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
IF theres a spot in the top six he will fill it. He has great hands and vision but may need to start using his creativity a little more, but i think he will be even better with better players... He is small but decent on the cycle and he would have to be a 40 assist guy to play in the NHL... I think he could do it but he needs to work on his agility and acceleration.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
I like what I see in him. Not big, not fast, but just very clever with the puck.
He is probably a long shot, but would be nice to see him turn out similar to a Cory Conacher type of player. Type of guy who could come in and help in the top six for the short term, but needs a bit more seasoning to become a regular in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad