Confirmed with Link: Spencer Abbott/T.J. Brennan trade

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
aw shucks, Nonis really bent Stan over the barrel on this one. #whocares

That seemed unnecessarily snarky :(

Just seemed he was giving a report on their dude and didn't know enough about Brennan to know if it was fair value or not.

Maybe I'm naive though. I like to let people overtly prove their an ass before I hit back with the snark. :laugh:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

Just seemed he was giving a report on their dude and didn't know enough about Brennan to know if it was fair value or not.

Maybe I'm naive though. I like to let people overtly prove their an ass before I hit back with the snark. :laugh:

#whocares :D

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Brennan was with the Marlies last year and while I don't follow them too much, I do know that he was pretty important to the PP and offense from the back end and you guys seem to think highly of him from an AHL standpoint too with on his play in Rockford. I didn't mean to come off as an ass and if I did come off that way, I do apologize. I'm just a bit confused on why you guys did this, that's all. I was just being honest about Abbott.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
The only real justification I can see for this move is that Stan's trying to get more ice time for some of the D prospects in Rockford.

But I'd rather Rockford worked to make a playoff run, and this move hurts their ability to do that.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Makes no sense to me

This actually hurts the Hogs playoff hunt. Brennan was big part of PP and transition game

Abbott is just a run of the mill average minor league forward
It makes a lot of sense actually.

Hawks are probably close to signing Michael Paliotta (sp?) (his season ends Saturday) and needed a decent forward to replace Teravainen and Nordstrom playing on the big club.

Also, Brennen had 1G and 6A in his last 17GP, so it's not even that big of a loss.

Leafs fan here,

Abbott was a solid Top 6 RW on the Marlies. He was signed with Bozak like intentions but never panned out. He's Patrick Kane without the extremely talented hands. Worth the price of Brennan though? No idea.
Brennen was a UFA, and Abbott is an RFA. Gives the Hogs a player for next year with experience.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If they hold onto Brennan they wouldn't need to worry about needing Fourner

I just feel like Hogs had chance to make playoffs and get kids some experience this year and this move could derail that

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I just feel like Hogs had chance to make playoffs and get kids some experience this year and this move could derail that

But then they would have inexperience and loss of offense up front with TT and Nordstrom gone. Brennen wasn't even playing much 5 on 5 lately.

ChrisBlock ‏@ChrisBlock

Brennan, 1g 6 a in his last 17gms, has tailed off after a great start. Brennan's role de-emphasized a lot of late too in 5-on-5 situation

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I reckon he's looking at the big picture and if Hogs need Brennan to make the post season, something is afoot.

Is this just Stan warming up? Hopefully he's thinking much bigger thoughts than RFD's future, immediate or otherwise.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This deal was made to make room for Paliotta just realized this reading Chris Block. Duh.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not only Paliotta, they are probably adding a Dman via trade, Erixon will have to be waived when TVR comes back, Cumiskey will probably be sent back down as well to make room for the new Dman.

Brennen wasn't needed anymore, and we needed a F to replace TT.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe they keep TAR down on Rockfotd with instruction to develop.him.on the PP? Maybe they keep him there till the AHL playoffs before recalling him...Also if they sign Paliotta and Mattsson after their collegiate season is over by that time..then Rockfotd gets 2 more men...So perhaps with TT up they need forwards on Rockfotd not Men like Brennan who.likely is career AHL anyway.. Besides we know Stan loves pip-squeak wingers.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Is he really trying to replace Kane with an even smaller player????:)

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Brennan will never take a regular NHL shift. Nothing personal against the guy, he's just another AHLer.

LandofLincoln*

Makes no sense to me

This actually hurts the Hogs playoff hunt. Brennan was big part of PP and transition game

Abbott is just a run of the mill average minor league forward

It probably does hurt the Hogs a bit. It does allow the other defenseman to develop in areas like QB the PP. Other guys need to practice in that role.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Looks like the Hogs are going to lose a Forward full time. Just a Position Swap, nothing else. Have enough D already, Looks like Bowman is going to try to get one for the Hawks.

Maybe TvR stays with the Hogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad