Dreger: Speculation that Panarin asking price is just over $12 million a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Man. These idiot GMs have shot themselves in the foot with the term and magnitude of the contracts handed out in past years.

Isn't this what we were saying leading up to the last lockout. I wonder what's going to happen when the next CBA comes up for negotiation.

That's sarcasm, by the way. They're definitely going to lockout again because the NHL is the dumbest league. Not the worst or most corrupt, but certainly the dumbest.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Good Lord. He’s great but he’s not on that level. There’s about 5 guys in the league that deserve that. And 5 is pushing it.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Pretty sure if he wants to he can have a party mansion on South Beach to live in during off days and a 5 star apartment next to the rink. Property values will just go up for both

Miami is full to the brim of Russian celebrities balling out at luxurious night clubs, far beyond LA and New York even before we get into the yacht/beach/weather.

That’s true also fellow Russian Pavel Bure as well as Oprah live on Palm Island in case the beach is too busy for them.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
The point is, if he's looking for the balling "glamorous" lifestyle there are really only 2 maybe 3 NHL cities in the US he can find that in. So unless he's really poor at geography those parameters would exclude Sunrise.

Then again I have no idea if thise reports are true, just responding to the poster who put that out there.

Living in a mansion on the beach is not glamorous? If not then you and I have different definitions of the word.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Living in a mansion on the beach is not glamorous? If not then you and I have different definitions of the word.
I've considered that and believe that's fine.

All I know is when I hear wealthy famous individuals speaking of glitz and glamour Fort Lauderdale doesn't come to mind. Or Boca for that matter even though they're both enjoyable places in their own right. But Broadway, South Beach and the Hollywood Hills sure do.

I'm a Devils fan and have no pretense about any player signing looking for glamour even though New Jersey is home to several of the wealthiest zip codes in North America, including plenty of beachfront mansions. So it's definitely not an insult.

We can agree to disagree on our interpretations of the word.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I've considered that and believe that's fine.

All I know is when I hear wealthy famous individuals speak of glitz and glamour Fort Lauderdale doesn't come to mind. But Broadway, South Beach and the Hollywood Hills sure do.

I'm a Devils fan and have no pretense about any player signing looking for glamour even though New Jersey is home to several of the wealthiest zip codes in North America, including plenty of beachfront mansions. So it's definitely not an insult.

We can agree to disagree on our interpretations of the word.

The weather in Jersey sucks compared to FL. Have you ever been there?? :)

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The weather in Jersey sucks compared to FL. Have you ever been there?? :)
South Florida is one of the most miserable places on earth from mid-May-mid-Sept. But taste is subjective.

And no, I've obviously never been to Miami-Dade or Broward counties. It's not like those places probably have more native northeasterners than several boroughs in NYC itself or anything. :sarcasm:

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
In Sunrise?

I wouldn't call Boca glamorous and Miami is at least an hour away.

Sunrise is about 25 minutes south of Boca. Miami is maybe 30-35 minutes away depending on the traffic on 95 and the turnpike. It’s not that bad if Bread wants to settle in Miami

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Sunrise is about 25 minutes south of Boca. Miami is maybe 30-35 minutes away depending on the traffic on 95 and the turnpike. It’s not that bad if Bread wants to settle in Miami
I already knew the answer but just to be sure I gave Google maps a glance. It's 44 minutes from the arena to South Beach right now at 2:15am on a Mon morning.

That traffic turns in to a nightmare during the day time and especially in the 'winter'.

Barkov lives in Boca and it's a great town if you want to lead a monied, reasonably quiet life. No doubt.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Panarin's resume after four seasons in the league:

77pts (With Kane)
74pts (With Kane)
82pts (Without Kane)
87pts (Without Kane)

Average: Exactly 80pts

Produced better as ''the guy'' driving play on his own than he did playing with Patrick Kane.

Lets compare to a very recent signing.

Jeff Skinner career high: 63pts, reached twice

Jeff Skinner AAV: $9M

Yeah I'd say he's worth $3M more than Skinner.
He's definitely worth 3M more than Skinner.

Problem is that Skinner is nowhere near worth what he got.

Reactions: TorontoMapleLindros

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
South Florida is one of the most miserable places on earth from mid-May-mid-Sept. But taste is subjective.

And no, I've obviously never been to Miami-Dade or Broward counties. It's not like those places probably have more native northeasterners than several boroughs in NYC itself or anything. :sarcasm:

It's so miserable from May-Sept that nobody goes to FL in that time. Haha.
Like CBJ the Panthers like most likely not be playing in June and Panarin will not be there anyway. Although last summer he spent time in Tampa.
To be honest I think he could end up in FL or NY.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It's so miserable from May-Sept that nobody goes to FL in that time. Haha.
Like CBJ the Panthers like most likely not be playing in June and Panarin will not be there anyway. Although last summer he spent time in Tampa.
To be honest I think he could end up in FL or NY.
C'mon dude. People head to Disney because the kids are off from school.

Few adults with a real job head to Miami in July. That's silly.

But you're right, I'm sure 80+% of the league go somewhere else in the summer months regardless of the franchise they play for.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Good Lord. He’s great but he’s not on that level. There’s about 5 guys in the league that deserve that. And 5 is pushing it.

But those players are not UFAs....... Like, you can't just pick and choose the conditions.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
C'mon dude. People head to Disney because the kids are off from school.

Few adults with a real job head to Miami in July. That's silly.

But you're right, I'm sure 80+% of the league go somewhere else in the summer months regardless of the franchise they play for.

You and I both know that the FL beaches are packed in the summer. You are arguing just to be arguing at this point.
If any place is an overpriced dump it's Newark and surrounding areas.

Reactions: EdJovanovski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->