Speculation: Maple Leafs To Add Kelly McCrimmon to Front Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaCarriere

AMAZING news! The rest of the league is hating how well the management team I toronto is coming together. This looks very familiar to chicago's situation just before they won the cup. There isnt a management or coaching staff in the league as well put together as this leafs team

Pretty bold statement before actually playing a single game.

They had Dubas, Hunter, Shanny, etc last year and they were terrible.

I know obviously they need more than a year, but statements like that are just ridiculous. You should probably wait to bow to your new rulers until they make the playoffs once at least.

snizzbone*

Oh I don't know, maybe going to the conference finals 2 times since 2010, numerous trips to the 2nd round, making the playoffs every year but 2 since 2001-2002? Toronto fans could only dream of being that successful.

Feel free to replace them with the lightning though if you want.

My point stands, how do all these other teams manage perennial success without a dozen or so high profile executives?

By having very good executives who are not as high profile.

Toronto is simply going out and getting good people in their system, because they didn't before.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
I'm with you. They made a fatal mistake by not hiring a gm first. That is the most critical aspect. This whole managing by committee thing is a big flop and basically you now have a coach who has the team by the balls with an unheard of 8 year deal. What's to say Shanahan knows anything about building a team? This is his first attempt and he landed a top 5 pick and frankly I could do that too. This will end horrible.

I mean... they could always... find a GM who would've hired one of the best coaches in the league.

Everyone keeps making this sound a little more difficult than it needs to be, IMO.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I just read a Babcock interview where he said that Hunter was a great hire as he thinks Hunter and Kelly McCrimmon were the two best hockey men in junior. I sure hope this is not Simmons "source" and he just figured that Babcock's comment meant that the Leafs are hiring MCrimmon.

Brandon host the Memorial Cup next year I believe and will be loaded for it so I can't see McCrimmon walking away right now.

LaCarriere

Hows Carey Price?

Toronto could only dream of having a goalie anywhere near his level.

I'm not even a Canadiens fan. I don't know what you're going on about this for anyways, it has nothing to do with my original post.

I'm assuming you're just another jealous leaf fan of every other Canadian franchise. Christ, every other Canadian team has had more success over the past 10 years - I guess that's reason enough to be mad at the world. Even the flames, oilers and senators have made the cup finals since 2000.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I just read a Babcock interview where he said that Hunter was a great hire as he thinks Hunter and Kelly McCrimmon were the two best hockey men in junior. I sure hope this is not Simmons "source" and he just figured that Babcock's comment meant that the Leafs are hiring MCrimmon.

Brandon host the Memorial Cup next year I believe and will be loaded for it so I can't see McCrimmon walking away right now.

Red Deer is hosting it but Brandon will most likely win the league next year anyways and will be there...Hes built such a good team and they have so much good youth on the team and I will be very curious if he leaves. He has such a good thing going there right now and this group he has assembled should compete every year now for a while. I mean sure it's the NHL but he will be able to jump ship to NHL at anytime he wants to. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick around in Brandon for a bit while longer... Unless ofcourse Leafs offer him a crap load of money and its too good to say NO to

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
LaCarriere shame on you for caring so much about a fan of a team excited about the direction their management team is going.

You must have a had a bad day, go to bed.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Lots of announcements and throwing $$ around to be sure.

But, there was a lot of talk when Burke got hired of a complete scouting staff overhaul and how that was going to make the Leafs full of top prospects and a new beginning, blah, blah, blah.... so this story is more of the same so it remains to be seen if it becomes anything different than last time.

Aceonfire*

I cant wait for the Leafs to hire Mike Myers. He will be the Leafs version of Drake. :laugh:

mike-myers.jpg

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Lots of announcements and throwing $$ around to be sure.

But, there was a lot of talk when Burke got hired of a complete scouting staff overhaul and how that was going to make the Leafs full of top prospects and a new beginning, blah, blah, blah.... so this story is more of the same so it remains to be seen if it becomes anything different than last time.

And we know you'll be cheering hard for it to all go wrong, as usual.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
Might aswell make the main boards a leafs subforum.

I guess this thread is more popular than actual gm signings not involving the leafs.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Compensation for management means that the leafs will now sign all available management. If he does well he's helping the leafs, if he decides to leave the leafs will get a pick. Seems like a win win.

Neutral Hockey Fan

Sep 24, 2010
Why is the hiring of a mid level executive on the main board?

LOL LOL. "Mid level". That's why nobody takes your posts seriously. Have you not been paying attention to hockey for the past decade?? McCrimmon is one of the greatest young hockey minds in the world. 30/30 teams would take him over the no name guy the Bruins just hired as gm

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I cant wait for the Leafs to hire Mike Myers. He will be the Leafs version of Drake. :laugh:

mike-myers.jpg
I don't know. I think Mike Myers could do a better job selling the city of Toronto and the Leafs than some random oil rig worker selling Edmonton and the Oilers.

Mar 26, 2010
Love what Shanny and co are doing. Bringing in the best from everywhere.

Exactly, and now with Babs as the head coach he will attract high end players to T.O that want to play for him.

Get ready to be disappointed Leafs haters! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad