Special Teams

• Thread starter Kessley Snipes*
  • Start date

Kessley Snipes*

I'll be the first to say that our PK is much improved this season. Whether its coaching, goaltending or the additions of McClement I dont care; it works and I hope we keep it up.

Powerplay obviously needs a bit of work. We are static and dont have great puck movement; at least when I compare our PP to other teams I have seen. With that said, I think there is a clear trend in the NHL this season where teams are moving away from the big booming point shot, but rather resorting to wristing shots on net from the point and hoping for a tip/screen/garbage goal

I have also noticed that our Defensemen are too close to the blue line, I would like to see them move in another 5 feet and I think that would lead to a few more chances and disrupt the defensive schemes being used by the PK units.

As for personnel I think our Power Play units should be as follows

PP 1:

JVR- Kadri- Kessel
Phaneuf-Gunnar

Frattin-Grabo-Kulemin
Liles-Franson

Thoughts?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'll be the first to say that our PK is much improved this season. Whether its coaching, goaltending or the additions of McClement I dont care; it works and I hope we keep it up.

Powerplay obviously needs a bit of work. We are static and dont have great puck movement; at least when I compare our PP to other teams I have seen. With that said, I think there is a clear trend in the NHL this season where teams are moving away from the big booming point shot, but rather resorting to wristing shots on net from the point and hoping for a tip/screen/garbage goal

I have also noticed that our Defensemen are too close to the blue line, I would like to see them move in another 5 feet and I think that would lead to a few more chances and disrupt the defensive schemes being used by the PK units.

PP 1:

JVR- Kadri- Kessel
Phaneuf-Gunnar

Frattin-Grabo-Kulemin
Liles-Franson

Thoughts?

I want Liles on the first PP unit. He's so creative with the puck and moves it around so well. Phaneuf has been awful and isn't the best at moving the puck around. Plus he can't hit the net for the life of him... I like the forwards, wouldn't change it all.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

PP 1:

JVR- Kadri- Kessel
Phaneuf-Gunnar

Frattin-Grabo-Kulemin
Liles-Franson

Thoughts?

Looks good but I'm leaning more towards:

PP 1:

JVR- Kadri- Kessel
Phaneuf-Gunnar
Liles-Franson

Frattin-Grabo-Kulemin
Liles-Franson
Phaneuf-Gunnar

Kessley Snipes*

I want Liles on the first PP unit. He's so creative with the puck and moves it around so well. Phaneuf has been awful and isn't the best at moving the puck around. Plus he can't hit the net for the life of him... I like the forwards, wouldn't change it all.

I noticed that in the 3rd period of tonights game Dion went away from the big shot and started wristing it to the net

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
RC needs to stick with some units of 5 (pp
i see confusion out there , broken plays, not set plays

liles phaneuf were great last yr
does randy know this?

mohare

Dec 13, 2010
I'll take anyone on the PP that doesn't take 3 steamboats to pass the puck. Of course all our shots are being blocked, we don't make the PK work at all. I'd like to think if you are an NHL caliber player you know BEFORE the puck comes to you if you are open for the shot or should move it on right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad