OT: Special Request from the Soupkitchen

Yukon Cornelius*

In the summertime this year our home was broken into and we had a lot of things stolen. Among the items taken was my cherished and notorious lucky charm, my 1976 Flyers Pennant. (The one, if anyone knows it, that reads "The 3rd Cup is the Sweetest")

3554a.jpg

I've been looking everywhere, both online and in sports memorabilia shops, here in Canada and in Philadelphia through friends but so far, no luck. I'm ridiculously superstitious and not having it hanging here and in my peripheral vision during games this season has been both frustrating and a little jarring.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of said Pennant for purchase or would be willing to sell me theirs, I'd be unbelievably appreciative. It's a pretty special piece of Flyers memorabilia to me and although I kept mine framed and pristine, I'm not hell bent that its replacement has to be in the same "Mint" condition.

If you know of one or have one to sell, please PM me.

Thanks,

Tim

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Oh man that stinks, sorry to hear about it. Oddly enough I've probably got spares of the Eagles and Phillies pennants in that picture.

GL on your quest.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
In the summertime this year our home was broken into and we had a lot of things stolen. Among the items taken was my cherished and notorious lucky charm, my 1976 Flyers Pennant. (The one, if anyone knows it, that reads "The 3rd Cup is the Sweetest")

3554a.jpg

I've been looking everywhere, both online and in sports memorabilia shops, here in Canada and in Philadelphia through friends but so far, no luck. I'm ridiculously superstitious and not having it hanging here and in my peripheral vision during games this season has been both frustrating and a little jarring.

If anyone knows the whereabouts of said Pennant for purchase or would be willing to sell me theirs, I'd be unbelievably appreciative. It's a pretty special piece of Flyers memorabilia to me and although I kept mine framed and pristine, I'm not hell bent that its replacement has to be in the same "Mint" condition.

If you know of one or have one to sell, please PM me.

Thanks,

Tim

Guy at works hobby is flea markets and misc sales, I will ask him on Monday. He usually brings me all Flyer stuff, but will ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad