GDT: Special Edition - PATRIOTS 19 Tampa Bay 14 FINAL - RED SOX 2 Houston 8 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I don’t want to be THAT guy, but it seems like the refs have been holding the Pats to a much higher standard this season than their opponents? Gronk gets mugged on every play with no call, but if a NE received breathes on a guy it’s offensive PI.

Certainly feels that way.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Gos needs to give Folk the number for his therapist.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You shouldn't give up a TD with only a minute on the clock...simple as that. Some of you are going overboard about this being a close game though. These thursday games always suck and it's been a vast improvement by defense.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You shouldn't give up a TD with only a minute on the clock...simple as that. Some of you are going overboard about this being a close game though. These thursday games always suck and it's been a vast improvement by defense.

On the road against a decent TB team, you take the W no matter what it looked like.

Reactions: DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don’t want to be THAT guy, but it seems like the refs have been holding the Pats to a much higher standard this season than their opponents? Gronk gets mugged on every play with no call, but if a NE received breathes on a guy it’s offensive PI.
I've felt that way for years. Gronk plays by different rules than everyone else because he's naturally better. On half of his receptions, he's being interfered with, but half the time he works through contact and keeps driving, they flag him for a push-off.

It's like how the Pats somehow got this reputation for running pick routes in 2011/2012, so the league decided to crack down on them and flag us mercilessly, yet they are victimized by pick routes by other teams all the time. You could make the (admittedly tenuous) argument that it may have cost us an AFC title the year Welker cheapshotted Talib on one early in that playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad