Recalled/Assigned: Sparks on emergency recall

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He's NHL quality. Probably a backup but NHL quality nonetheless.

I hope the Leafs sell high on McBackup and go with the younger option for next season.

Sell high? So you would get a 7th round pick for McElhinney now instead of futures if he was not that good? Nobody will be lining to get McElhinney regardless.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He will not play in either game as he is just going to sit on the bench.

I am concerned about Anderson as he took two hits to the head last night. Let’s hope he is feeling better within a week as we need him ready for the start of the playoffs.

Sparks showed that he was no where near NHL caliber when we used he to lose games.
he was playing on the last place team in the nhl. this team is much much better than that one

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He will not play in either game as he is just going to sit on the bench.

I am concerned about Anderson as he took two hits to the head last night. Let’s hope he is feeling better within a week as we need him ready for the start of the playoffs.

Sparks showed that he was no where near NHL caliber when we used he to lose games.
Yeah he was terrible, apparently he's better now.
I don't care if he plays, I just prefer that happens when I'm not in attendance.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Yeah he was terrible, apparently he's better now.
I don't care if he plays, I just prefer that happens when I'm not in attendance.
My opinion about Sparks is about based on how he tracks pucks and his save selection constantly using the wrong piece of equipment to make a save...now I have not seen him play much at all, however I can not see a lot changing hope I am wrong. I doubt he plays in the next two games and for sure not Sat night.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It’s unfair to hold how Sparks played a few years ago against him now. He was a still developing prospect who clearly wasn’t NHL ready but was still give Start after start by a front office looking to sink the rest of the season. Any prospect in a similar situation likely would have flopped as he did.

While I’m not sure if Sparks will get any icetime during this callup but, he’s been one of the best goalies in the AHL for a couple seasons now. I’d say he’s taken quite a few steps forward in his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad