Injury Report: Sparks Diagnosed With Concussion, Freddy At Practice (still on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Interesting comment from Babs post game saying we should have "lots of goalies" on the ice for practice today. Sounds like we may see Sparks.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Good news indeed. I would be very cautious with Andy though. Groin injuries are notoriously easy to aggravate. He needs to be 110% ready to return.

I think they are being cautious. He was listed as day-to-day with his injury. It's now been about a week and a half I think that he's been out? It's pretty obvious the team wants to be 100% certain that he's 100%.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I think Sparks did some voodoo to steal Willie's mojo. Once the house of Nylander performed an ancient Norse ritual to determine where Willam's energy went to, they deduced that Sparks was siphoning Willie's essence to boost his own play. There's a reason why that shot rattled Garret so bad. I mean, it wasn't a Shea Weber blast or anything, it looked more like a half-clapper at best. But when fused with the power of ancient spirits, William reclaimed his power with that seemingly innocent shot.

Now Sparks must atone for dabbling in black magic.
I saw that he cut his hair! The Sampson story in reverse?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Let's hope he finds his game again to do that.
There is a clip in this link

Again? Lets hope he finds a different game, one that resembles a NHL goalie. ;)

What I find odd is Hutchinson gets THREE shots off the melon in the Vancouver game... and no concussion ... maybe Sparks should look into what brand Hutch wears, it will stop this type of "injury" from happening again.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Again? Lets hope he finds a different game, one that resembles a NHL goalie. ;)

What I find odd is Hutchinson gets THREE shots off the melon in the Vancouver game... and no concussion ... maybe Sparks should look into what brand Hutch wears, it will stop this type of "injury" from happening again.

huh :huh:

Sparks has been hit in the head hundreds of times, I'm sure... (just like any other NHL goaltender). This should be chalked up as nothing more than just bad luck...

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
huh :huh:

Sparks has been hit in the head hundreds of times, I'm sure... (just like any other NHL goaltender). This should be chalked up as nothing more than just bad luck...

Totally agree.. it's "Bad Luck" ...

giphy.gif

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Sparks was apparently hurt on two William Nylander shots to the head in practice.

Reactions: AreBe

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Hopefully Hutchinson already stole Sparks job

Not going to happen. Hutch was picked up for goalie depth. They aren’t going to completely reverse that by putting another goalie on waivers just because he’s had a couple good games. And for what, a couple extra regular season wins, if any?

He’ll go down to the Marlies and we’ll rest a bit easier knowing we have a competent emergency call up option.

Reactions: Loosie

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Not going to happen. Hutch was picked up for goalie depth. They aren’t going to completely reverse that by putting another goalie on waivers just because he’s had a couple good games. And for what, a couple extra regular season wins, if any?

He’ll go down to the Marlies and we’ll rest a bit easier knowing we have a competent emergency call up option.
I’d rest easier knowing our backup was competent

Reactions: The Cobra

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I’d rest easier knowing our backup was competent

So you would take the potential (not guarantee) of a couple extra regular season wins in the ~10 games our backup will play down the stretch, throw away that 5th round pick we just traded, and leave our team completely devoid of an injury replacement?

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Sparks was apparently hurt on two William Nylander shots to the head in practice.
See? Signing that damn high skilled European was a stupid move!
Need to get rid of that award winning future star Sparks as soon as we can! Replace him with a cactus!
Stupid Dubas with his stupid analytics and stupid statistical model, thinking that he has something to prove
That Eurotrash Nylander and that Yankee Sparks! Replace them with penalty box sitting Canadian kids, move those Euros and those Yanks to Atlantis!

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

See? Signing that damn high skilled European was a stupid move!

Need to get rid of that award-winning future star Sparks as soon as we can! Replace him with a cactus!

Stupid Dubas with his stupid analytics and stupid statistical model, thinking that he has something to prove

That Eurotrash Nylander and that Yankee Sparks! Replace them with penalty box sitting Canadian kids, move those Euros and those Yanks to Atlantis!

you ok buddy?

Reactions: AreBe

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Hopefully Hutchinson already stole Sparks job
If Hutchinson has another steady game, then who is the backup on this team is an open question.

I am not management, but if it came down to one or the other, then if they keep Sparks they got no credibility. The players may think what is the coach or management doing? They could lose the room.

Reactions: supermann_98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->